injectors

matrix5089

I need to replace two injectors so i was going to get a whole new set. I have a stock 92 dual exhaust no resonator and mustang headers. Will i get more hp if i upgrade my injectors to 36 or 42?

injectors do not make horsepower, they allow you to make more power.

just buy 2 stock size (30# im guessing ?) injectors. your power level is no where near maxing out even the stock injectors.

what if i was to do some upgrades at the same time such as bigger ic throttle body and mass air, with a pulley for the super charger and a sct tuner would the stock ones still be enough?

If your going to do those mods, then going to 42's would keep you safe. 30's are close to being maxed out on a stock setup.

Fraser

30's are close to being maxed out on a stock setup.

Fraser

with some changes in tuning and advances in timing and what not. dave did that thread where he was making really small changes and then re-tuning everytime. only after that did he start to max out 30#ers. bone stock with just an exhaust you will not max them out.

get 60lbers, with tb, mafs etc... and a TUNE. That way you will have plenty of room for upgrades later:cool:

It is what i should have done. I went to 42's and now I'm at 60 lb injectors.

Well you wont need em I guess if your goals in the future aren't 400+HP.

Keith

with some changes in tuning and advances in timing and what not. dave did that thread where he was making really small changes and then re-tuning everytime. only after that did he start to max out 30#ers. bone stock with just an exhaust you will not max them out.

Never mind........

Fraser

I need to replace two injectors so i was going to get a whole new set. I have a stock 92 dual exhaust no resonator and mustang headers. Will i get more hp if i upgrade my injectors to 36 or 42?

At this point you are already replacing injectors, so upgrade to the 42's. The price difference between 6 30's and 6 42's is a hundred bucks. No brainer, that way if you do more modding down the road, your covered. While your at it grab a 73 or 76mm NAF with the proper sample tube for those 42's and you'll be alot happier after spending the time and money to do it right

Never mind........

Fraser

im not one to argue, but if ur not doing anything other than exhaust to it just find some used injectors from someone on this board.

his original question was "will upgrading injectors give me more horsepower?"

no injectors will not give you more horsepower.

Last edited:
I don't think I suggested a larger injector would give more HP which we all know won't. Its all about how much more air your going to pump into the motor, and at stock levels the 30's are close to max.

Fraser

Plus Everyone has said "Im just gonna do an exhaust". "Im just gonna do a CAI" BULL~~~~. I cant count the times I said Im done. Just put in 42's atleast.

Corey

I don't think I suggested a larger injector would give more HP which we all know won't. Its all about how much more air your going to pump into the motor, and at stock levels the 30's are close to max.

Fraser

then i agree, he should go at least 42's until he gets into head porting and cam upgrades.

thanks for the feed back i am planning on doing some more upgrades not looking for 400 horse but wouldnt mind a few more ponys.

Im going to go with some #42 i as long as they wont be too much for my set up probaly going to do maf throttle body and blower pulley at same time

Im going to go with some #42 i as long as they wont be too much for my set up probaly going to do maf throttle body and blower pulley at same time

42's will allow you to do all that and more. u can get by with just a sample tube in the maf calibrated for the injectors. but i would get a chip and tune to maximize the combination

a 73mm maf and a 70mm tb will be better sized for using the stock inlet plenum and it will flow plenty of air for more upgrades.

but if you're just doing a blower pulley then i'd go with that.

is the blower pulley worth it ive read alot on here that they create too much heat and you loose power from the motor pulling timing to compensate

is the blower pulley worth it ive read alot on here that they create too much heat and you loose power from the motor pulling timing to compensate

Have you done an IC upgrade? Have you opened up the exhaust?

As I understand it - an upgraded and open exhaust will cause a drop in boost. A blower pulley will help get the few lbs of boost lost but cause more heat. An intercooler upgrade will help with the heat issue.

-Melon

Back