Blower Stuck on High

Motohead

SCCoA Member
My heater blower is stuck on high whenever the key is on. The controls (Even the off button) wont stop it, they do however work the mix doors and the temp level is working I think its the high speed fan relay does anyone know where that relay is located?

If its Eatc, it is likely the blower speed controller. If is is manual temp control, likely the blower motor resistor. Both do the same thing, just the blower speed controller is a solid state part.And the resistor is simply that. Both located in the heater plenum behind the glove box. The only high speed fan relay I know of is for the cooling fan, and its located in the Inegrated relay control module. Blower motor speed is only contolled by the two parts I indicated above. When they go bad, they default to high speed.

Last edited:
If its Eatc, it is likely the blower speed controller. If is is manual temp control, likely the blower motor resistor. Both do the same thing, just the blower speed controller is a solid state part.And the resistor is simply that. Both located in the heater plenum behind the glove box. The only high speed fan relay I know of is for the cooling fan, and its located in the Inegrated relay control module. Blower motor speed is only contolled by the two parts I indicated above. When they go bad, they default to high speed.

Cool thanks! It is the Eatc type. Is there any difference in model years or do i need to look for a 92 specific part never mind found answer here
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82467&highlight=Eatc

Last edited:
Back