Shorter Condenser

Nettlesd

Ordering Information:

American Condenser
1628 w. 139th St.,
Gardena, CA 90249

Contact person: Art Reyna
Phone: 800.777.1591

P40503 - with oem set-up - 2 row, 1/4" tube core - $110.00 - Short version for Stock/Double Intercooler - Discontinued
P40759 - with oem set-up - 3 row, 5/16" tube core - $165.00 - Short version for Stock/Double Intercooler
40776P - with oem set-up - Parallel Flow core - $165.00 - Short version for Stock/Double Intercooler
T.B.A - with MP set-up - 2 row, 1/4" tube core - $165.00 - MP Style Intercooler - Discontinued
P40758 - with MP set-up - 3 row, 5/16" tube core - $165.00 - MP Style Intercooler - Discontinued

P40503 or P40759
P40503-3R.jpg

P40758
P35542-IC.jpg

Pictures of a couple of units that have been built.

Condenser for those who have a MP intercooler
MP.jpg

Short version for Stock/Double Intercooler (P40759)
P40759.jpg

Parallel Flow core Short version for Stock/Double Intercooler (40776P)
PF-short-condenser.jpg

Last edited:
The company was given the information from this thread.

I will also contact the company tomorrow and get actual dimensions.

Can they make custom ones. I dont want a shorter one, I want one that has several rows missing on the bottom while maintaing the stock width and height.
This would work better for those with a MP FMIC. The missing bottom rows would be great so more air get to the IC and radiator while the top part of the condenser does most of the work.

Can they make custom ones. I dont want a shorter one, I want one that has several rows missing on the bottom while maintaing the stock width and height.
This would work better for those with a MP FMIC. The missing bottom rows would be great so more air get to the IC and radiator while the top part of the condenser does most of the work.

Check out the thread Duane says he used to send them the information on the unit. There is a comparison picture in there and it looks like what you described. Check it out, because I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you don't want it shorter. Shorter means less rows on the bottom, no?

Ira

Check out the thread Duane says he used to send them the information on the unit. There is a comparison picture in there and it looks like what you described. Check it out, because I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you don't want it shorter. Shorter means less rows on the bottom, no?

Ira
No, in this case shorter is row-length. Therefore the "shorter" condenser is actually narrower in width (with respect to the front of the car). The rows of tube are horizontal.

Ira imagine, same size frame "outer edges" that is the same size as stock but with missing AC tube rows on the bottom. Maybe 1/3.

The short air con condensers were norrower "shorter" to allow the area where the stock IC is to be free from the condenser, and I think this is the intentions of the OP.

Oh, does anyone want to comment on whether we should go 2-row versus 3-row?

PHP:
For a visual effect using an Excel Spreadsheet, this would represent the Shorter condenser we would like built.

A  B  C  D  E  F

For a visual effect using an Excel Spreadsheet, this is what Ricardo is wanting built.  Notice the difference?

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K

Last edited:
Did, are they making it in 1/4 tube?

I could not really tell what they picked from their argument, it seems like they want to do it in 1/4 tube but was not a final decision.

Did, are they making it in 1/4 tube?

I could not really tell what they picked from their argument, it seems like they want to do it in 1/4 tube but was not a final decision.

His suggestion was 2-row 1/4 tube but since the original AirCon unit was a 3-row unit he is more than willing to make the unit a 3-row. A 3-row unit would be made using 5/16 tubes only. Basically, they are willing to make either one or both for us.

I vote 1/4 two row. For better engine cooling. It should allow more air to go between the tubes. Whats the point of having AC if the engine overheats.

Our cabins are not that large and get cold fairly quick. If its for very hot states and no window tint is on the car I would think that the 3 row would do a better job, even though according to them it does not because of the smaller tubes.

I'm interested in the 2 row one... could you ask them if they are willing to ship to Ontario, Canada?

Thanks
Fraser

Oh, does anyone want to comment on whether we should go 2-row versus 3-row?

PHP:
For a visual effect using an Excel Spreadsheet, this would represent the Shorter condenser we would like built.

A  B  C  D  E  F

For a visual effect using an Excel Spreadsheet, this is what Ricardo is wanting built.  Notice the difference?

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K

Thank you Duane. It's much easier for me when I can see it. And since I too have a FMIC I can see why Ricardo prefers something like this.

Ira

Back