little winter swap

joenintiesc

Hmmm... Which one should I choose from my little pumpkin patch?

pumpkins.jpg

This one seems to be the nicest! :D

cover.jpg

Bought the pumpkin with rebuilt trac-loc and 3.73's a few months ago and should have the swap done by this coming weekend. Unfortunately I did not notice the sheet with the torque specs for the Control Freak cover and went with the torque specs in the manual, which were much higher. Consequently one of the bolts snapped off, so to play it safe I will pick up some new ones, maybe SS allen heads, at a fastener shop this week and just replace them one by one.

I expect to have very little traction with the 1.7 AR and BF Goodrich Scorcher TA's. Looking to upgrade to 18" wheels anyway!

What is the ratio with the Mark rear? If it is 3.7 or higher, I would swap out the CF cover onto that and be good ta go.

SWS

The aluminum one is from a '99 Cobra with 3.27's. I figured I'd rather just sell it intact (to a buddy) instead of cannibalizing it.

I'm trying to figure out which bolts to get to replace the bolts that came with the cover. After removing them, I lost track of how many I'd overtorqued so I figured I should just do over with a fresh set. From what I can tell, a ss bolt should be the equivalent of a grade 5 bolt? Or does it have to be a particular SS, like 18/8 or 302? The bolts that came with the cover are grade 5 so I don't want a lesser grade than that... I'll just reuse the washers though. Not sure if it matters if it is a ss hex head or a socket head, I was going to use the socket head. Size is 5/16 - 18 X 1.25"

Anyone know the lowdown on SS? Ricardo, I know you bought some SS bolts but I'm not sure how far you delved into it...:confused:

Back