clutch and header questions....talk to me...

skydivr7673

ok, time to get this SC project rolling. First question, I need to replace the clutch and I want something that will handle a little more than stock but not anything crazy. What's the most cost-effective clutch out there for a mildly-modified SC?

Second, its getting closer to the time to put in the new motor, but it may be a little while before I get my new headers. Is it possible to install headers with the motor installed in the car, or do I need it pulled out to do this? My first goal, really, is to get the new motor running and get the car back on the road ASAP....then I will complete more and more of the extras as I go along. Any thoughts on this?

I was thinking about that too, but I dont have any experience with porting work. one thing that I do know is that the stock system sucks and for anything above stock power it is a bad idea to keep it. Plus, this is not a stock project, so putting headers in will become necessary down the road even if it isnt now. Also, some of my exhaust components are in need of replacement anyways. I am just trying to get the most work done and get it back on the road as soon as I can, but I dont want to have to yank the engine back out once it is in the car and running.

I was thinking about that too, but I dont have any experience with porting work. one thing that I do know is that the stock system sucks and for anything above stock power it is a bad idea to keep it. Plus, this is not a stock project, so putting headers in will become necessary down the road even if it isnt now. Also, some of my exhaust components are in need of replacement anyways. I am just trying to get the most work done and get it back on the road as soon as I can, but I dont want to have to yank the engine back out once it is in the car and running.

Its easy, when you drop your downtubes, feel inside the manifold....You will feel a lip...Thats what you want gone, easy as pie!

I read on here somewhere that these manifolds were good up to 350 400~ HP

Its the rest of the exhaust system thats the crappy part

clutch wise Id just reccomend not getting a racing style clutch as it will chadder and give you an on off feel.

Back