MPIII vs MPX (on sale)

spetz01

Would upgrading to the MPX from the MPIII show big gains? Since its on sale I'm thinking sell the MPIII that only has 1500 km's on it and buying the MPX while it's 1085.00 this month, plenum but no rotors I think. Or would the money be better spent on heads? Mine are stock but I have all the other goodies...missing some power it seems.

heads from Super Coupes Unlimited (Dave D) would be money better spent. MPX is stronger, but I'm not sure how much horsepower would be gained from the swap. Heads are where horsepower is made gooder anyway.;)

If you already have the mp3 you can get the mpx case for cheap. but then you would have just a mp3 case to sell which may be tough without the inlet.

I would spend the money on some heads.

Dave you do SBC heads too? Might need a deal on 2 sets :)

Who wants a set of rebuilt stock SC heads?

I have the cam..as far as I know it's good for my application. I got the Stage II Crane from SCP when I did the build. I always knew I would be loosing power there...my question is how much can be gained from JUST new heads from Dave or Super 6 (the heads Kevin uses)?

I think that 30 0r 40 horse for $2000.00+ is a pretty bad ratio.

good heads and a good cam are worth 100 horsepower. You will not make over 300 rwhp without head work. Email Dave Dalke tell him what you have and what your goals are and he will definately help you.
mdkracing@windstream.net

I am not saying your cam is not good I am speaking rhetorically.

Last edited:
Consider getting something with a turbo-four then. :cool:

Thanks...I had a Turbo Coupe

So where do these cams come from if nor SCP? I thought at the time that they were the ones to have. Of course that was SCP recommendation at the time I was building. I was also going with MP's formula's with a stock (rebuilt) engine and heads. You know...this one

Stage II

Exhaust :Same as Stage I

Intake :Same as Stage I

Intercooler :Magnum Powers Front Mount Intercooler Kit

Engine : Stock Heads
Stock Cam
42 pound Fuel Injectors
Motorcraft Sparkplugs gapped at .032"
Magnum Powers 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley
Magnum Powers 10 rib 15% SC/JS Pulley kit
MP Belt Tensioner Springs on upper and lower belts

Chassis :255LPH Fuel Pump

Expected HP :345rwhp/400rwtq

But that recipe has a stock cam and 345 horse....I'm shy a bit

Last edited:
where your at I would estimate 285 rwhp with heads and custom cam, bigger injectors and a good tune you would be approx 350 rwhp 440 rwtq.

Back