anybody running 17x9 in the front ??

89tird

I got 17x9 cobra replicas all around with the tbird bolt pattern, the back looks perfect but the front rubs I was under the impression it was the tires but looking at it closely even with a skinnier tire I think the rim will stick out too.:mad:, anybody running these in the front of your bird ?? mines a 93 im hoping to keep these rims but the front looks ugly and I want to lower the car and I cant now since the fender will rub

thanks, lol mods please delete I made a thread about this not too long ago and I forgot, sorry :D:D

I have 17X9 Cobra replicas on my 94 SC without any rubbing issues, in fact I also have a 1/4" wheel spacer on there too.:cool:

Mike

What tire are you running? I've got 17x9 Cobra R replica's and the only time mine rub is when the wheel is turned all the way to the right. Otherwise, I don't have any problem.

-Melon

I have 17x9's up front, they are CCW racing wheels not Cobra R's though. No rubbing at all unless I am hard on the brakes and turning at the same time, but that is a spring rate issue there. They do stick out a bit. You might have a back spacing issue.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

These are 17x9's up front, 255-45-17's. No rubbing issues.

IMG_0130.jpg

Had Dante Cobra R 17 x 9 wheels on both my SCs. No rubbing with the 91 at stock height or when lowered 2" on the front. My 93 did have some slight rubbing of the wheel against the spindle. Rather than use wheel spacers I just did a little clearance grinding on that spot of the spindle.

David

Same here. running 17x9's with spacers on my 90 SC, no problems.

Attachments

• PICT2945.JPG
    PICT2945.JPG
    398.3 KB · Views: 75
  • PICT2946.jpg
    PICT2946.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 68
17x9 Y2k Cobra R's (front) on my 90 35th sc (in pictures) and also have them on my 91 sc both lowered about 3" no spacers, no rubbing at all.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I got 17x9 cobra replicas all around with the tbird bolt pattern, the back looks perfect but the front rubs I was under the impression it was the tires but looking at it closely even with a skinnier tire I think the rim will stick out too.:mad:, anybody running these in the front of your bird ?? mines a 93 im hoping to keep these rims but the front looks ugly and I want to lower the car and I cant now since the fender will rub

Where did you buy them? I imagine the 24mm offset will sit way out. Most of us with 17x9 wheels have the 36mm offset wheels.

I bought them off a member here, all the pics posted look good and seem not to stick out, mine do i guess its 24mm

ok turns out I do have a 36mm offset and I think the tires stickout a bit past the rim so I need 4 tires anyways which size should I get? that its not so fat compared to the ones I have now? should I get different sizes front and back ?

ok turns out I do have a 36mm offset and I think the tires stickout a bit past the rim so I need 4 tires anyways which size should I get? that its not so fat compared to the ones I have now? should I get different sizes front and back ?

I'm using 245-45-17 up front and 275-40-17 on the back. Those sizes are nearly equal in diameter and very close to stock diameter.

David

Back