Which blower?

superdadsc

I am slowly starting the proccess of building my 95. I have decided to stick w/ a compound boost setup w/ a sts remote setup. I was so close before, all I needed was the system and a blow thru and I was almost there. My motor and tranny were stolen so I have a long way to go. My question. I am looking for a blower that would perform best at low rpm range. For this reason a MPX wouldn't be a good choice, but I maybe wrong. I have a 95 so maybe I should pick up a 94/95 blower, or MPII. I can get a pre 94/95 blower for peanuts locally so I don't know if that would be a good cost effective choice.

Do any of these blowers make more power down low? Any input would be appreciated!

Stephen

I remember a thread either by DD or Damon that if I remember had the ate model ported as the better for bottomend quickness. but the mp3 and mpX were better for the mid to upper rpms. on cellphone so can't search now.

I read that thread but I was curious about the early style blowers and the MPII as the MPII is based on the late model blowers.

Stephen

Steve,

An S port or an MPII would work well. Both will need the MP inlet plenum and a 75mm TB for max performance. MPII is made by chopping the back off an early style blower and attaching a new inlet and bearing plate. The MPII inlet port is positioned a little higer than the late model or the S ported late model.

David

Last edited:
I ran my MPII today for the 1st time and versus my S-model I can't say that I noticed any difference in performance. I ran the same times as before but had 3/4 psi more boost with the MPII. My trap speeds were 103-104 same as with the S-model.

Dave it's the old motor. The bottom end is too old, 9 yrs, for the new cam and heads. I just swapped out the S-model for the MPII and had it retuned. It's running 32 degrees of timing, meth/wtr inj, the a/f is 11:1, and 315rwhp. My shift light was set for 5400. I also had the idle programmed for 2200 for a nice clean no bog launch. One thing I noticed was my consistency. I was within .06 sec on 3 consectutive passes until the dew set and I picked up .23 sec and broke out. Two 13.38's, a 13.42, and a 13.15.

I don't see to many S Ports for sale. Would I just get a 94/95 blower and have one of the club guru's port it? Plus that would keep the car in a stock setup which I like.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Back