PDA

View Full Version : 12th Annual Mustangs & Mustangs

kamakazie_1
03-07-2009, 03:44 AM
Ok guys, near and dear to my heart, how about this one, a whole day with Fords and WWII aircraft how much better can it get than that!! The largest privately owned collection of flying warbird aircraft I've ever seen in one place.

Who wants to go??

http://www.fantasyofflight.com/docs/2009_show_flyer.pdf

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
are thay going to have any thunderbirds there lol:rolleyes::rolleyes: this sounds like fun:D

kamakazie_1
03-07-2009, 09:05 PM
It's an all Ford show so whatever goes as long as it has a blue oval on it.. I wish we could get 7 or 8 SCs to go together, that would be nice showing at a Mustang show.. Maybe Brad could make this one, is close to his stomping grounds..

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
03-08-2009, 09:11 AM
RJ
you going to have the 5 sped in or you going with the auto
i know its a little bit of a ride for you but you are welcome to use one of the lifts here and the trany jack
i would be happy to give you a hand with it

Chris

kamakazie_1
03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
RJ
you going to have the 5 sped in or you going with the auto
i know its a little bit of a ride for you but you are welcome to use one of the lifts here and the trany jack
i would be happy to give you a hand with it

Chris

Hey Chris, I am going to go ahead with the conversion, I won't do it before the show though at least I don't think I"ll have everything by then. I'd love to do this on a lift, it would be a lot easier, I have several other parts to gather before I'm ready though, I appreciate the offer!!

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
anytime you are ready RJ
(don't hate but i love working on these cars and i can't aford to do anything to mine right now :D:D )
this show is not till april ??
anything you need let know if i can i will
:D:D
chris

kamakazie_1
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Trust me, I can't afford it either, another email from the boss today, "You have all done a wonderful job doing without... BUT, we might be shutting the doors earlier rather than later"..

Can't afford the 4 tires on the back of the dually $1000, front left lower ball joint and u joint also, the SC is cheaper to fix now and get good miles to gallon to boot...

I will no doubt be giving you a call when I get everything together..

Thanks Chris..

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
03-11-2009, 10:26 AM
[/QUOTE]Can't afford the 4 tires on the back of the dually $1000, front left lower ball joint and u joint also, the SC is cheaper to fix now and get good miles to gallon to boot...

RJ[/QUOTE]

RJ i have a ball joint and u-joint here new for about $50.00 and we can pop that in a hour (no beer) or two (with):D
i will look for tires too they might be a little harder;)

chris

superdadsc
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
SC is down, can I bring my Mark VIII? Lakeland is not to far? Be nice to meet some guy's!

Stephen

Brad Klein
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe Brad could make this one, is close to his stomping grounds..

We will see I'm not gonna make any kind of promise but it is at least a goal to shoot for.
You guys know I dont mind driving heck I made Carlisle 4 years in a row

SuperChicken89
03-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm planning on making this one and will be taking the Shelby GT-H. If enough SCs are gonna make it, I may be convinced to bring the SC instead:D But I really really really want a picture of the Shelby with a vintage P51 Mustang.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
03-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Ok, now were seing some interest, that's great!! I'll be there even with mucked up looking wheels..

RJ

Cobra85
03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
I'll be missing this one. Can't be there when you're out of the country. Makin' a little trip to Korea & China. Be thinking of you 'all anyway. I've done that show a couple of times and it's a good one.

kamakazie_1
04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey guys, I talked to Pat the treasure person for their club down there, they are holding open the pre-registration past this last Sunday, she didn't say how long, who all is going, not this next weekend but weekend after next.. Where we gonna meet? She said if we all came in together they'd park us together.. She also said they start lining up at 7, everyone wants their pictures with the Mustangs!!

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-03-2009, 04:03 PM
I am still considering whether or not to attand this show. I really want to but I have to decide if I have the time. So much to do and so little time to do it in. The SC definitely won't be going. It is still up on jack stands and won't be down off of them for at least another week or so.

I'll decide what I'm gonna do this weekend.

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
i will be going
tell me where and when to meet

Chris

kamakazie_1
04-05-2009, 08:02 AM
My boy and one of his friends are coming with me, I'm gonna ZANO up the car this week, wheels are toast, the more I polish them the worse they look..

On the south side of the exit there is a truck stop food convenience store kind of place, figured we could meet there and drive in together, that way they'll park us together. Wish we had more birds going, this thing will be like Waterford, mustangs mustangs everywhere..

I talked to Dan, he said it was too far for him on the new engine setup and all, he needs to get his confidence back up on his, he always makes a splash with that black mirror of his, besides parking next to him, Bryan, and Flip always makes mine look better in their reflection. Brad said he might show, I haven't seen anything from Flip or Greg.. Did Flip ever get his head gaskets done?

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Maybe we could meet for breakfast somewhere along the route. There is a Denny's at the exit for US 27 & I-4. If I can get Heather out of bed early enough, we can meet there.

As mentioned, I won't have the SC for this one. The engine is still disassembled and wont be together in time. So it will be the Hertz GT-H in the sea of Mustangs for this one.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Hey we've never held the garage queens against you before, as long as y'all are going is good enough for me, just hate to go and not have any friends around you know!! Besides we've got to get your picture in front of the P-51s Bryan..

Brad Klein
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah Brad is out of this one. My uncle passed away last Friday and I had to fly up to Baltimore short notice and our pool decided it wanted to start leaking so I have no money to put into the car
Sorry guys one of these days it will leave my garage

kamakazie_1
04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
That's Ok Brad, I know how all that goes, sorry to hear about your uncle... Pool!! I hear a party brewing!! :D:D

kamakazie_1
04-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Looks like Chris, Bryan and me unless Flip or Greg chime in here or anyone else listening.. Breakfast at Denny's Chris?? What time Bryan, they start lining up at 0700 Pat told me..

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-05-2009, 09:37 PM
let me know i will be there with goodyears on :D:D

Chris

SuperChicken89
04-05-2009, 10:32 PM
:D
What time Bryan, they start lining up at 0700 Pat told me..

RJ

I'm not getting there at 7:00am by any means:D Hell I won't be at Denny's by then ether. I think I may be able to convince the little woman to breakfast at Denny's by 7:30. I'll have to ask and let you guys know.

I spoke with Pat yeaterday and she said there were more than 300 cars preregistered. She was kind enough to let me register yesterday. By being preregistered, the GT-H will be judged:D

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-06-2009, 06:49 AM
0730 sounds good to me, I'll have to threaten Thomas to be ready when I get to his house to pick him and his friend up. The boy that's coming with him will have to pay his $15 for the extra person at the gate, I pretty sure the $30 entry fee got two people in per car..

I'll have to try and remember where that Denny's is at. At think Pat said they closed the entry at 10 because we'll be crossing the active runway, I'm not sure how she knows that since this is Florida and we won't know where the winds are coming from till we get there... Anywho... Sounds like a plan..

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-06-2009, 09:21 AM
0730 sounds good to me, I'll have to threaten Thomas to be ready when I get to his house to pick him and his friend up. The boy that's coming with him will have to pay his $15 for the extra person at the gate, I pretty sure the $30 entry fee got two people in per car..

I'll have to try and remember where that Denny's is at. At think Pat said they closed the entry at 10 because we'll be crossing the active runway, I'm not sure how she knows that since this is Florida and we won't know where the winds are coming from till we get there... Anywho... Sounds like a plan..

RJ

I'll have to confirm the 7:30 meet time with the other 1/2 and get back to you.

You are correct that the $30 gets the car and 2 people in. Any additional adults are $15 per person. I remember the 10:00am cut off was for having your picture taken with a P51 Mustang.

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-06-2009, 04:39 PM
7:30 sounds kewl Denny's at sr 27 i think i can find that
R J so far i will be flying solo your sons friend can ride in with me i will have to pay 30.00 anyway

Greg you going????

Chris

Gregthespy
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey Chris,
I'll be sitting this one out, going out of town for Easter, Hope you all have a good time and take lots of pictures!

kamakazie_1
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM
R J so far i will be flying solo your sons friend can ride in with me i will have to pay 30.00 anyway

Chris

Hey thanks Chris, I'm sure he'll appreciate it, kids these days always tight on money... Oh wait I was tight on money at their age too, crap I'm tight on money now... seems like a circle doesn't it! :D:D

I'll let them him know..

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey Chris,
I'll be sitting this one out, going out of town for Easter, Hope you all have a good time and take lots of pictures!

sorry to here that you won't make it
have a safe trip happy Easter
Chris

SuperChicken89
04-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Al right, here is the deal. We'll meet at the Denny's @ I-4 and US 27. I think I have her convinced to leave the house at 6:30 am to meet at Denny's for 7:30 breakfast. She ain't happy about it but we'll be there.

The Denny's is located at I-4 West Exit 55. For the Orlando guys it is located at the end of the off ramp. See attached map for big yellow "X".

See you there. I'll be the guy in the black with gold stripes strange looking SC. Don't tell my car it is really a Mustang:D

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Kewl, tell her I have to leave a lot earlier than that, I'll trade ya. Tell her she's gonna have to go easy on me this time, I'm still trying to see if their going to let me stay in the redneck union since I no longer qualify under the current requirements for membership :D, more of that story whilst we eat breakfast!

RJ

Chris, I spoke to Mike about ridding in with you, he said he'd really appreciate it, you are coming to breakfast right? WE really appreciate the coverage there..

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Chris, I spoke to Mike about ridding in with you, he said he'd really appreciate it, you are coming to breakfast right? WE really appreciate the coverage there..[/QUOTE]

food always up for food.

Chris:rolleyes:

SuperChicken89
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
We may have a few Shelby Mustang guy(s) joining us a Denny's.

RJ.... I don't think anyone will take your Redneck membership card away from you regardless of your present status:D

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-09-2009, 03:35 PM
We may have a few Shelby Mustang guy(s) joining us a Denny's.

RJ.... I don't think anyone will take your Redneck membership card away from you regardless of your present status:D

Bryan

Thanks dude, that means a lot coming from you guys... I feel better already!!

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-12-2009, 10:02 AM
well it's over :(
but it was fun
the first pic is my fav:eek:
thanks for a great time
Chris

kamakazie_1
04-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Great weather and great company as usual folks, enjoyed seeing everyone again..

My car didn't look bad in front of that P-51B did it, even with bad wheels..:D

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-13-2009, 01:24 PM
My car didn't look bad in front of that P-51B did it, even with bad wheels..:D

RJ

The bad chrome on the wheels don't even show in the picture!

It was great to spend the day there with good friends and even saw a few Mustangs. I'll be attending this show again next year if at all possible. I may even bring the SC if it is down off of the jack stands:D

Chris, The more I see your car with those wheels the more I like that combination. They really look great on your car! Good choice of wheels and the price was right also:)

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Yea, I was going to say that also, I really like the way they looked on there Chris..

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Here is our picture from this past Saturday. I should have let Heather drive for the picture.... it would have looked better:D

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Here is our picture from this past Saturday. I should have let Heather drive for the picture.... it would have looked better:D

Bryan

DUH!! :D Of course it would have looked better if Heather was driving!! :eek: Now you know why I rolled my window up..

RJ