Bolt on's combination question

Qwk91sc

I am in process of just doing some bolt on's to SC this is what I will be putting on my 92' SC

1. 95 model supercharger
2. Magnum powers inlet plenum
3. BBK 70mm Throttle body
4. cold air intake
5. Probably a 5% overdrive jackshaft pulley and stock 89-93 SC pulley

Exhaust will come soon after

But I have two questions

1. What type and size injectors should I use and should I change the fuel pump

2. How much boost will I make with the 5% jackshaft and the 89-93 pulley on my 95 supercharger?

thanks

-JEff-

You need at least 36lb injectors to run a late model blower with any overdrive but I would recommend 42's and the matching MAF. A chip that tells the EEC what injectors you have is semi mandatory with 42's.

Yes, change the fuel pump and put in a 255lph unit.

that blower will make alot of heat without being ported. i'd say you'll make about 14psi. u need at least a fan on the intercooler but its still gonna make alotta heat.

I was making 18psi with a 94 charger and MP plenum at 10% OD, with ported manifolds, no cats and a full exhaust, you'll prob make about the same with the stock exhaust. I'd add an IC fan until you get a double IC, which will definately help out. I'd go for the 42's as Dave suggested with the matching MAF. Also put in the 255 pump, it may be big for now but you won't have to upgrade it again.

I have an 80mm Mark VIII mass air can I use that with the 42 lb injectors? thanks

-Jeff-

I'd go for the 42's as Dave suggested with the matching MAF. Also put in the 255 pump, it may be big for now but you won't have to upgrade it again.

I agree - spending a little extra money now can save money later... Unless your plans drastically change :D

Mods look good, but I'd add IC upgrade as well.

-Melon

An DIC would be the first place I would spend my money along w/ MLS gaskets and ARP head bolts. Get in touch w/ ken wagner. I live in florida where the summer heat is retarded. I had a ported 95 blower w/ 10% JSP. I had one of kens DIC's with a fan on it, the IC comes w/a place for the fan built in. The car kept cool at all times, even when I was getting on it hard, a lot of WOT :D:D

Stephen

Jeff, you have a PM.

Sean

Edit: We'll have to race when our cars are running well. Me and Shane still have to stop by and check your SC out. Hopefully mine will be running and I'll be able to drive it over and let you check it out.

Last edited:
assuming money is an issue.....

You should do your exhaust first. before adding the newer blower, bigger intake etc. If you want to save a bit on that part try just doing a manifold back set up with the downtubes/hiflow cats and resonator. leave the resontar back pipes and mufflers for now. Also as mentioned get a custom made double intercoller with the fan.

OD'ing a late model blower will create alot of heat, so If you have the early style pulley already, fine, but I'd hold off on the 5% JS pulley until the rest is done.

The early style SC pulley acts as a 3% OD on a late model blower, so you will have a bit of OD already. If the car performs well with this set up, you can add to the OD later.

I have a '95 and when throwing a 10% oulley on it w/ a DIC, fan and full exhaust it pegged the boost gage at like 18 lbs, it did more harm then good, and I took it off. In addition to everything else look into getting new plugs like the auto lite 103, a smaller gapped plug will help with the extra boost too.

Good luck

You need at least 36lb injectors to run a late model blower with any overdrive but I would recommend 42's and the matching MAF. A chip that tells the EEC what injectors you have is semi mandatory with 42's.

Yes, change the fuel pump and put in a 255lph unit.

are you recomending that I get a chip and a maf for the 42lb injectors, or do you mean I should do one or the other, chip or MAF or both? thanks

-Jeff-

btw where is the best place to get a chip or tune (in ohio) , MAF and injectors?

He is saying to get a chip and a MAF with the 42's and you're in luck as Dave can sell you the parts you need and tune your car. Not to mention he has more experience tuning our cars than anyone so you'd be working with the best.

Jay

There are people running with the correct MAF and no chip on 42lb injectors. It can work but a lot of times it won't and your part throttle operation and starting may suffer under some circumstances. Running with the correct MAF but no chip on 42's will result in the computer staying at 14.7 AFR until past 10psi boost which is not good for your headgaskets.

You can run 42's on the stock MAF if you have a chip but the stock MAF is limited to about 250rwhp. If you do this it will save you money up front but you'll have to have the chip redone when you upgrade MAF's which will cost you money later.

If you get the correct MAF and injectors first so that you have the capability to support 300rwhp then you can upgrade things along the way without always having to retune.

I am in NE Ohio and I have a dyno available to me. Contact me at the email in my sig for more details.

David

If you go the route of 42's, MAF, and tune with Dave, which I fully recommend. Also change your thermostat to a cooler one. Dave will also change your fan settings so they work in conjunction with the new thermostat.

Jeff,

What you should do (you are good at this) is find a set of 42lbs injectors used, then find a 76mm, or bigger, MAF with correct sampling tube used of course, then either drive the car or have me trailer your car (my truck is thursty :D) to Dave to have it tuned. Tune should cost you about $400.

Then after everything is said and done you bring your SC out to meets with Sean and I and we have fun.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Back