Cobra Aluminum Pumpkin, Trac-Lok, 3.08's **SOLD **

DLF

I just took this aluminum Cobra Pumpkin with ~ 20K miles, which I setup, out of my SC (in went another Cobra Pumpkin with a Torsen diff and 3.55's).

It has a 28 spline Trac-Lok and Ford 3.08 gears. Also has a drain plug installed in the bottom of the case.

Needs nothing, bolt it in, add friction modifier and gear oil, and you're good to go. Differential side plugs not included.

$400 shipped east of the Mississippi, $420 west. Canada negotiable.

Payment via PayPal.

Attachments

• HPIM0216.JPG
    HPIM0216.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 166
  • HPIM0217.JPG
    HPIM0217.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Trade for a 99 Cobra Differential with 3.55:1 gears?

I've got the same housing and differential but I had 3.55 gears swapped into it. Now I'm going back to 2.73s. Seems like a shame cause there are probably lots of dudes that would love the Cobra diff w/ 3.55s.

For drag racing, I was told that a perfect first gear final drive ratio should be 9-11 engine rpms per tire rotation with a 27" tire.
I figured with the first gear ratio of the 5 speed (M5r2), to acheive this, I need to either go with 4.11:1 ring and pinion and launch in 2nd gear or I could go with a 2.73 and launch in first gear. The 2.73 would allow me to end the 1/4 mile in 3rd gear thus reducing one shift in the process.
The downside is that now my transmission output shaft will be subjected to far more torque and will be in jeopardy of breaking. We'll just go with it and see what happens.

Plus my highway cruise pleasure factor would rise by 32% and my gas mileage would improve.

Back