clutch slave cylinder

Ronald Wendt

Does anyone know if you can still buy a new one? Ford apparently is all out. I called Autozone and they have one but no indication if its new or reman. Has a life time warranty as if that means anything

I have a reman in my 91 now and it did not last long so I would prefer a new one

thanks

Ron

I buy mine from Advance for about $75, assembled in USA. Avoid the one from O'reilly. It's made in China and is junk.

I got mine from Autozone, I think it was around $90. Careful putting it in, thats how Shane (quick35th) got pinned under my car:eek:

thanks everyone. When I called Autozone originally the guy did not know if the units they sold were new or not. So at least I have some options

Ron

Hope you don't mind me using this thread, I think we are looking for the same thing.

I stopped at NAPA and it was $114 and said made in Mexico. So then I stopped at O'Reilly's and got what looked to me to be the exact same thing for $74 with lifetime warranty.

But I got it home and compared it to me the 2 I had.

in order
off my spare transmission
off my SC (says Ford)
New

The bearing on the new one doesn't spin as freely as the other 2. The Ford still seems the best one of the bunch. But then I looked at the bearing on the new one and it came off. Is this an acceptable replacement?

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

Last edited:
I think thats why I returned it cause it separated and looked much different. I am sure it will work, but I never tried it I was too afraid to try.

This unfortunately has always been the case with the slave cylinders on the M5OD/M5R2. Though Im sure the quality of the Ford Cylinders are better. The design is not reliable. Putting plastic cylinders in such a harsh enviorment was never a good idea. I have seen many of the Ford Slave's fail under 50,000 miles. Especially on the F-150/Ranger's, which is the exact same design. As long as it is a New one not made in China, I'd say thats as good as your going to get. The Reman Slave cylinders with the Lifetime warranty, simply means you will be replacing them for the rest of your Lifetime...

Last edited:
Back