Pulling engine

RedSC93

I'm going to be replacing the engine and trans so is it possible to pull the engine and trans all at once? Is it a pain? I have everything unbolted from the engine and trans. I'm going to use a kubota Tractor to pull it out. The engine is down to the block but I don't want to take the tranny off the engine to make life easier.

Thanks,
Jerry

Yes the engine and tranny can come out as one peice. I've done it several times before in the past. Just make sure to either drain the tranny or plug the tail shaft otherwise you will have a nice mess to clean up (been there done that).

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

So should I build the engine on the engine stand then put it in completed to the Supercharger minus the tubes?

Thats what i did, I put the entire engine together, pan to supercharger, with exhaust manifolds. THEN I put the transmission in. Easier to line the transmisson with the engine then move the engine all around to get it into the trans.

Well if put the engine with tranny bolted to it I woud'nt have to drop the gas tank and exhaust right?

Jerry

Well if put the engine with tranny bolted to it I woud'nt have to drop the gas tank and exhaust right?

Jerry

You don't have to drop the gas tank or exhaust to drop a transmission so pulling it together I would say this to also be true.

You may need to unbolt the drive shaft from the pumpkin and lower the pumpkin down to allow enough room to slide the DS back...this is how it works on removing JUST the transmission... since pulling out thru the engine bay you probably can avoid this though.

-Tim

no need to touch the pumpkin. if you take out the middle heat shield and support you will have more than enough room to pull them together. you will need two people when installing though, someone has to line up the driveshaft as you put the engine/trans assembly in.

no need to touch the pumpkin. if you take out the middle heat shield and support you will have more than enough room to pull them together. you will need two people when installing though, someone has to line up the driveshaft as you put the engine/trans assembly in.

OK now when putting them in together should I keep the drive shift bolted to the punkin and aline at the rear of the tranny?

THanks,
Jerry

Well its out! it has been fun rebuilding the new engine but that's finished and today I pulled the engine/tranny myself and it was pretty easy, the only problem I had was the drive shaft was sticking because of the level of the tranny.

Jerry

Attachments

• 100_1568.jpg
    100_1568.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_1565.jpg
    100_1565.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 147
Back on the road!!

Yes a great day I finished my 93 and started right up! Everything went well the engine sounds great but has a slight miss to it at higher RPM's but at ideal its smooth? Like its got a lose plug wire but over all im happy :) Any ideas on the miss?

Thanks,
Jerry

Attachments

• 100_1677.jpg
    100_1677.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Congrats, looks good. Idles good but miss at higher speeds. hmmm usually its the otherway around. As much as they suck to get at. I have droped a sparkplug before and it closed the gap when it hit the gorund, anyway, check your spark plugs and wires.

Will do, the plugs are new as well as the wires, i didn't gap them so I will look at that. I also have a few dis and coil packs I will switch around to see if that's the problem. Anyone else might have an idea?

Thanks
Jerry

I would say a cracked plug or loose wire. Fuel system also has a tendency to show it ugly side at upper RPM`s. The pics of wires are the O2 sensor plug ins. Great job.

Back