transmission help!!!

flopes64

I have a 1990 sc with an automatic tranny it was rebuilt about a month ago and now when i get on the highway and gun it it seems like after about 70 or 80 mph it seems like it goes into neutral it just redlines and if i bring it back under 70 it will speed up again and then just do the same thing any ideas i still have warranty but i want to know or have some sort of idea to tell the guy who fixed it whats wrong so he dont try to screw me any ideas thanks

Tranny Problem

Hey flopes64 when you are speeding up around or past 70 mph, what position is the gear selector in ?. Is it in over-drive or drive ? have you tried going past 70 in drive ???

tranny problem

hhhmmm, well i am thinking that it might be that the valve body in the transmission could be loose. The valve body is visible when you take off the transmission oil pan. If the valve body is loose, the transmission can't build enough pressure to keep a gear in operation..... or maybe something is blocking and preventing pressure build up (something internal)....

Which is better to use drive or Overdrive, my dad usually uses overdrive in his truck and i used to use drive cause i didnt have OD, if i didnt hate my father i would ask him what it did but well...im not going to sooooo

Back