Interior climate control stuck on defrost

SuperDad

My climate control selector is stuck on defrost/feet . Everything else works fine, A/C, heat, ect. Fan selector works fine, I just can't get it to blow through the front vents. :rolleyes: What can I replace? BTW it's a 95 SC, Manual Trans

check the vac. lines under the glove box make sure all are securely connected, also behind it.
If all are good pull the unit itself and make sure there connected to the unit.

Start at the supply coming through the firewall. If thats good then check the heater box and control head like suggested above. The system defaults to defrost when there is a lack of vacuum supplied to the system from the engine...

pull the control plate and you'll see alot of vac lines. im willing to bet 1 or more are broken or fell out. easy dime a dozen component to find at the junk yard.

I'm betting its the supply line under the hood has come loose. The hose that attaches to the intake gets old and splits or just isn't tight enough to stay on about 99% of these type of problems---the hoses under the dash aren't subjected to the temperature extremes that under the hood sees, unless someone has been jacking around behind the dash, I doubt its there......Dan

Mine did the exact same thing and it was the vacuum line right as it was going into the firewall on the passenger side.

Mine did the exact same thing and it was the vacuum line right as it was going into the firewall on the passenger side.

Did yours go bad slowly, or did it happen instantly. Mine seemed to be on the fritz for about a month or so, before it just stayed on defrost

I looked at all of the possibilities so far and everything appears to be OK. All the hoses are in great shape & connected. I pulled the head unit from the dash & it looked just fine, the hoses going thru the firewall looked OK. What next? Could the head unit be bad?

Back