Pictures of the 93 SC w/ blown HGs I picked up from the FS section -Many Pics

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
Well figured I would make a thread documenting my project progress on the SC I just picked up from Chicago - http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=795786&postcount=1

I am starting this thread so one I can show my progress and also hear some input on what you would do. This SC has 62k overall body and interior are clean however the rockers are gone, and the headgaskets let loose. Pictures are shown of both...HGs must have really let go for I found the Chocolate Milk looking fluids in the Blowers case (this is a first for me)...

I'd like to replace the wire and motor mounts at this same time however the level of mix fluids makes me think she may knock like an SOB once bolted back together....

Anyways here are the pictures, let me hear your thoughts suggestions etc.

IMG00176.jpg

IMG00177.jpg

IMG00178.jpg

IMG00179.jpg

IMG00180.jpg

IMG00181.jpg

IMG00182.jpg

IMG00183.jpg

Showing newbs, a fancy garage and a ton of tools isn't required to do this job...working on a trailer and the yellow box is my tools - the rights ones is the key ;):D .

-Tim

That car was simply driven with them blown for a while. Seen it many times....Wow the rockers are a mess.

The fenders are receeding like an old mans hair!:eek: lol Besides the rust and such it doesn't look bad. I have always liked that interior, I want to get a set of front seats like that to replace my shot 35th ones.

Sean

That car was simply driven with them blown for a while. Seen it many times....Wow the rockers are a mess.

Judging from what I can tell I would say your right, car has new hoses, tstat, new radiator cap and the over flow hose was plugged with junk (pray its not stop leak). Seems they knew just did want face the music. I am going flush the oil several times and pray the bottom end doesn't knock .

Judging from what I can tell I would say your right, car has new hoses, tstat, new radiator cap and the over flow hose was plugged with junk (pray its not stop leak). Seems they knew just did want face the music. I am going flush the oil several times and pray the bottom end doesn't knock .

That motor has the cool stamped steel valve covers, that can be chrome plated.

David

Showing newbs, a fancy garage and a ton of tools isn't required to do this job...working on a trailer and the yellow box is my tools - the rights ones is the key ;):D .

-Tim

AMEN to that bro!

by the way, you should check out Duffy's thread on the members only section (i think its in the restoration forum). He's dealing with the same rocker issues.

Well you know with that type of cancer on it and the way the engine looks “bet the mains are toast”.

I might try and find a nice body that you can swap the interior and any other good parts to.

Along with the cancer you can bet most of the frame bolts mounts etc.. are rusted up as well.

Know it was a low mileage car but it’s going to need a bit of work.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck.

Well you know with that type of cancer on it and the way the engine looks “bet the mains are toast”.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck.

I'm thinking the same but hoping differently..nothings ever promised with these SC's anyways. Gaskets and bolts right now I have 87 dollars into the repair, guess to me it's worth the shake of the dice to see if she runs or knocks. As for the rust...this cars just going to be a back up ride so I'm not to concerned about it being show quality by any means, and well resell I doubt would bring much unless I parted it out. Again I can accept it for what it is.

I do have a RED 94 Parts car I could swap everything over too..however am affraid that's even more work than what I have currently. Not to mention then it's on a salvage titled car...and the fact if swapped the 93 interior to a 94 car, the lack of Air Bags would probably make me even more SOL in VA.

Guess going to play it by year. If it runs once I bolts her back together I'll breathe a sigh of releif...and work on repairing the rockers. If otherwise I am sure many people can use parts.

Should be interesting.

-Tim

Drive back up here and buy my roller in a few months. If my car doesn't sell I might be interested in selling it as a roller without the engine and trans.

Car is rust free with a white interior and you can put that nice black stuff into my car in place of the burgundy.

I was going to buy that thing for parts only...I know midwest cars too well...they always rot like that.

If your doing the work yourself the parts for a HG job cost barely anything.

Good luck dude...Why dont ya just buy one good dam SC and Be done with it!

If your doing the work yourself the parts for a HG job cost barely anything.

Good luck dude...Why dont ya just buy one good dam SC and Be done with it!

As for being cheap, the gaskets, and head bolts to do this job were $87 total. My only other expenses will be cheap oil and anti freeze...$100 to do it yourself...$1400 for a shop to do it...blows my mind.

I wish I could just buy 1 lol...its a sick addiction, I can't turn away what I consider a good deal.

-Tim

I'm thinking the same but hoping differently..nothings ever promised with these SC's anyways. Gaskets and bolts right now I have 87 dollars into the repair, guess to me it's worth the shake of the dice to see if she runs or knocks. As for the rust...this cars just going to be a back up ride so I'm not to concerned about it being show quality by any means, and well resell I doubt would bring much unless I parted it out. Again I can accept it for what it is.

I do have a RED 94 Parts car I could swap everything over too..however am affraid that's even more work than what I have currently. Not to mention then it's on a salvage titled car...and the fact if swapped the 93 interior to a 94 car, the lack of Air Bags would probably make me even more SOL in VA.

Guess going to play it by year. If it runs once I bolts her back together I'll breathe a sigh of releif...and work on repairing the rockers. If otherwise I am sure many people can use parts.

Should be interesting.

-Tim
Tim,

As long as it has a complete interior in it and no Airbag lights on, they will never know if it is supposed to be equipped with Bags or not. I was a Virginia State Inspector for many years. This is especially the case if you have inspected away from the Ford dealer. A Long time Ford Mechanic/inspector might pickup on it having the older interior.

Tim,

As long as it has a complete interior in it and no Airbag lights on, they will never know if it is supposed to be equipped with Bags or not. I was a Virginia State Inspector for many years. This is especially the case if you have inspected away from the Ford dealer. A Long time Ford Mechanic/inspector might pickup on it having the older interior.

Interesting to know. Still be a lot of work, not sure if I would have the time to really make such a task a reality...taking a partically parted car and swapping everything over would be a crap load of work, not to mention the value of a salvage title vs a rusted car is probably pretty darn close.

I beleive my better idea is cut the needed rockers from my rust free car and repair the effected areas. Cutting and welding is far easier in my eyes than swapping everything :eek::confused::D.

...and I say all this keeping the hope she doesn't knock like a MOFO when all strapped back together lol :D.

-Tim

Interesting to know. Still be a lot of work, not sure if I would have the time to really make such a task a reality...taking a partically parted car and swapping everything over would be a crap load of work, not to mention the value of a salvage title vs a rusted car is probably pretty darn close.

I beleive my better idea is cut the needed rockers from my rust free car and repair the effected areas. Cutting and welding is far easier in my eyes than swapping everything :eek::confused::D.

...and I say all this keeping the hope she doesn't knock like a MOFO when all strapped back together lol :D.

-Tim
I agree. Some body work will definetly be easier. Good luck with the engine. Hope it works out in your favor.

Back