Seafoam

VINCES

I wanted to add Seafoam to my crankcase, and change the oil. When should I add it, or how long should I run car with it in the oil?

THANKS!!!

add it before you do the oil change. How i did it is i ran the car for a few min without it so the oil was warmed up. then added it with the car off. Ran it for about 2-5 min unsure of the time frame. Then added the rest of the can (1\2) to the gas tank to clean the fuel system. And worked wonders(with the fuel system) but also i noticed stayed cleaner for a longer time.

what stayed cleaner longer?

i was also going to add it thru the PCV or manifold as well.

thanks.

I added it thru the PCV, worked great.<br> I goosed the throttle a bit and a huge cloud of white smoke spit out the back.<br> It was rather amusing :D

Yeah, haha...I've read about the smoke...and I'm thinking about which friend's driveway I want to borrow, i.e. who's neighbors will enjoy the show more!

My buddy seafoamed his WRX right outside of Autozone on a very busy strip of stores one day. The whole street and parking lot completely filled up with white smoke and we got more than a few looks from people thinking we were destroying the car. Good times.:D

Just add it to the crankcase before an oil change and run it for 30 minutes or so.

Personally what I do. If I buy a used vehicle of unknown condition, I'll use Seafoam for the intake cleaning. Suck it up a vac line and let it take care of the valve train and combustion chambers.

For the crankcase I dump a bottle of Marvel Mystery oil in the crankcase and then drive the vehicle around the block a few times.

Then dump the oil and filter. Re-fill with cheap oil and a cheap filter. Do another run of the marvel mystery oil and drive around. Drain it, and stick some good oil in and a good filter.

That tends to do a good job of de-sludgeing.

If you stay on top of oil changes, there shouldn't be a reason to run seafoam or marvel mystery oil.

I bought this one, a 94 stick, with about 143,000 miles on it back in 7/07...only driven it about 2k miles if that since, 900 of which were from the purchase and ride home from GA, back home to PA. Guy I bought it from was original owner.

thought I'd treat her to a good cleaning out.

i do the seafoam treatment every couple changes. 1/3rd in the gas tank, 1/3rd in the crankcase, and 1/3rd to piss the neighbors off... :)

Back