PDA

View Full Version : What size exhausts u guys runnin?

layinthesmack31
09-20-2002, 01:35 PM
I am lookin to modify my exhaust and take out the cats. what are some of the good pipe sizes to put on. i was thinkin about having 3 in pipes coming from the manifolds into a resonator then run it out with no mufflers? does anyone on here have anything like that? if so what does it sound like? another question i have is what are the good hi flow resonators out there to get and where are some good places to get them? well all the info will be greatly appreciated. thanks :)
Matt

lowflying90
09-20-2002, 03:45 PM
most people go with 2.5 " into a magnaflow resonator, then a single 3" around the gas tank, then back to 2.5 "

www.jegs.com has the magnaflow resonator for like $100.

layinthesmack31
09-20-2002, 05:48 PM
is that opening it up enough to put a 5% overdrive pulley on? i know it is no guarantee but i just want a little more assurance ya know haha.
thanks matt

Joey OKC
09-21-2002, 04:10 PM
it's plenty big enough.

layinthesmack31
09-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Hey guys i did my exhaust but i left the cats in and took out the resonator and then had 2.5 in pipes going around the gas tank and then cut out the mufflers and y piped that off at 3 in. it sounds GREAT!!!! just like a suped up V8 :) doesnt at all sound like a rice burner. i couldnt believe it. and it only cost me $150. so now i think it is time to put on the 5% over drive pulley :)
Matt