Is there anyway to remove that annoying bracket behind the cd player?

275hptbirdsc

My current cd player wont go all the way into the cd player slot because its to long and that bracket gets in the way. Are there any bolts/screws holding it in? Im sick and tired of my deck flying out while im driving:mad:

Does this help...?
attachment.php

Good luck getting that thing out! If you have the dash out, it's a piece of cake, but with it in....:eek:

I would almost consider removing the dashboard to take the bracketry out...it's that painful.

It isn't all that hard.....:p

That's a picture of one that I removed from one of my parts cars....:p

You can get to the two small screws on the sides very easy....

The DS will require you to remove the lower trim and steel plate that is below the steering wheel....

The PS requires you to remove the glove box....

Don't forget about the ground wires that are connected to this piece, as well.....:rolleyes:

I used a ¼" drive ratchet with a short extension and a 7mm socket.....

I don't think I tried getting BOTH bracket pieces out, only the one the runs parallel with the transmission hump. Try getting just that one out. ;)

Big-E...now I just feel stoopid. :p I think when I initially took that bracket out, I didn't realize that what it was bolted to was also removable. Good thing you asked, 275HP. :)

Remove your VMM, then when you feed your deck into the opening, you can pull the harness above and into the tray where your VMM sits. The VMM doesn't require a ton of room.

I don't think I tried getting BOTH bracket pieces out, only the one the runs parallel with the transmission hump. Try getting just that one out. ;)

Big-E...now I just feel stoopid. :p I think when I initially took that bracket out, I didn't realize that what it was bolted to was also removable. Good thing you asked, 275HP. :)

When I first looked at removing the parallel bracket, I thought the same thing.....

You can't get to that little upside down screw in the back.....:mad:

Then I saw the side screws and it came right out with a little tugging and twisting.....

Remove your VMM, then when you feed your deck into the opening, you can pull the harness above and into the tray where your VMM sits. The VMM doesn't require a ton of room.

We's talking about the lower opening (common coin/cup location). I did have to do this when I installing my CD player in the factory location though. If you have a massive wiring harness, it's a must. And actually, while I had the dash out, I did some cutting on the plastic to give more room back in there. I can't remember exactly what all I did now though... :rolleyes:

Ahhh...that better explains that bracket. I was wondering how far you have to poke around in there to find that bad boy :)

Back