Yay! I can finely post!Anyways New here

JACTcoupe

How are all you doing. I have been visiting this site for years now look around just check things out. I been a big t-bird fan all my life. For the most part thou I have only own fox-body coupes. All where turbocoupes! But I come to this forums cuz I have plains on buying a 93 sc. If I do, Im sure I will be here much more often. But the real reason Im here today is to have few question i need answered first. So I was hoping one off your guys could help out. Now I done some searching. And for the most part alot of them have been answered. OK here we go.
Ok the car is said to have 60,000 original mile on it. With new head gaskets and the studs kit. Now its said it need cats. Now here the problem. The car seems to not want to boost as hard when you jump on the gas. You got to kinda baby it then jump in it. then it will pull hard.
Them other problem is that after you kinda run it hard and you turn the car off it doesn't want to start back up. You have to let it sit for a few then it starts. Now the boosting problem I was kinda going with vacum leak. But the not starting IM not sure. Well any insite would help. I don't want to buy the car if it has a big problem. Well at lest not for the price. Thanks guys
James~

lol well I thought I would get at lest someone telling me that I need to seach more. Or I need carry me business somewhere else.

If you are unsure, or dont want to work on the car dont get it.

otherwise alot of the issues could be with the converters. so that would be a place to start...then normal tune up stuff plugs wires fuel filter.

Well working on the car is not a problem. I just don't want to buy a POS. When I bought my Jeep it had a check engine light on. Pull the codes and it was saying its vacuum leak. Ok no big deal. Well two mouth later. Its a cracked head. So Im just trying to see if anyone knows anything. I was kinda thinking the cats. But a lil unsure. I want to do away with the cats. But if they causing problems now how the car going to act with them gone. Anyways I didn't mean to come off as an a-hole. Sorry for that. I promise Im not numb nut that cant turn a wrench. I had a very well built TurboCoupe. The supercoupe is a hole another animal. And I real want to try and tam it. Just kinda trying not to jump in the pin with a blind fold on. You know what I mean.

You are absolutely right that these things are a whole other animal---and addictive---the parts for them are mostly good parts and if you get them healthy and leave them alone they can be very reliable---but what fun is that.---I'm guessing on the "no warm start" but it could be a couple things, My gut feel is the starter bushings are worn and the stator is grounding out when its very warm---no biggie, replace the starter...the second thing that is also possible is the DIS ignition module--little pricy but fairly normal failure. These cars can be made to do some amazing things but can be a bit pricy to do it...I love mine, but if you are looking for a cheap hot rod these might not be the way to go...anyway welcome to the club and hope you join in the fun................Dan

taking out the cats wont affect much these cars are obd1 and dont really rely on the cats as much as an obd 2 system. so cut em out and put some pipe in or find a guy who bends exhaust and have him build a system with no cats....because most shops will not do it as it is a hefty fine to work on exhaust that doesn't have cats.

Last edited:
I'm guessing on the "no warm start" but it could be a couple things, My gut feel is the starter bushings are worn and the stator is grounding out when its very warm---no biggie, replace the starter...the second thing that is also possible is the DIS ignition module--little pricy but fairly normal failure.

The warm start thing I didn't ever think started. Lol yeah that make scents. And with DIS ignition module I was kinda thanking that. I have been doing a lot of reading and seeing people are having alot of problems with them. Causing all sort of issues. I will keep that mind.

taking out the cats wont affect much these cars are obd1 and dont really rely on the cats as much as an obd 2 system. so cut em out and put some pipe in or find a guy who bends exhaust and have him build a system with no cats....because most shops will not do it as it is a hefty fine to work on exhaust that doesn't have cats.

Yeah I knew it wouldn't put the car in limp mode or anything like that. As far a exhaust goes. I had planed on doing that myself. But We will see when I get the car.

Thanks you guys. And for the welcoming. I pain on getting the car. So I will post pic when I get her. Thanks for the insite.

Back