lincoln pumkin question

shawpdx1

2 questions acutally
1) what year lincoln has the alum pumkin and what is the benifit from our stock ones. and its just a bolt on deal?
2) porting stock manifold while exaust is off
u pull it here in oreogn is having its 50% off sale today was going to go look for this pumkin and SC parts so I was wondering what lincoln to look for
Thanks Ted

2 questions acutally
1) what year lincoln has the alum pumkin and what is the benifit from our stock ones. and its just a bolt on deal?
2) porting stock manifold while exaust is off
u pull it here in oreogn is having its 50% off sale today was going to go look for this pumkin and SC parts so I was wondering what lincoln to look for
Thanks Ted

Any Mark VIII, they all have IRS like the SC. Please note that they all have an open differential, you'd need to move your trac-loc over to the aluminum case. The only benefit is that it is aluminum over our cast iron, so a weight savings. I can just be bolted on if you wish.

Some people have shoved a rag up in the manifold and ported them on the car.

cool thanks.
also Im going to put in my centerforce today Ive read to remove the weights on the pressure plate. go or no go? on this?

Nothing was removed from my Center Force Dual Friction clutch and pressure plate when it was installed last year.

I figured they were there for a reason but did read some peeps remove them never got a reason why they did this. how does that pedal feel with the dual friction? not to hard is it?

Im not real worried about holding it down, I usually don't hold my clutch down through a light. other then the last time I drove my coupe had the problem going into first at start off so I would do the 3rd to 1st and hold was just curious on action. was told theses are not bad as far as pedal action. guess I'll find out when I get it in. as we know one persons opinion is different from another .
Thanks

Im not real worried about holding it down, I usually don't hold my clutch down through a light. other then the last time I drove my coupe had the problem going into first at start off so I would do the 3rd to 1st and hold was just curious on action. was told theses are not bad as far as pedal action. guess I'll find out when I get it in. as we know one persons opinion is different from another .
Thanks

Sounds like 1st gear blocker ring is bad. Is the transmission out of the car right now?

yes shes out was wondering if syncros or something else was going on. easy fix? figured it was going to be couple hundred more I for sure dont want to yank that tranny twice

Last edited:
I just had mine done. It is a minimum of ~$300 for parts alone if you get the carbon fiber blockers. You can't get the OEM fiber blockers. There is the other option of brass. The CF blockers are ~45 vs (I've heard less than $20) for the brass. These are the 1st - 4th blockers. Then you have labor on top of that. I found a local Ford/Lincoln that rebuilds transmissions on the side to do mine.

Back