Its Alive 56k no no

Wzenheimer

After David N. came over and helped me drop the motor in a few weeks ago I've been slowly picking away at getting the loose ends tied up. For example, I spent the better part of a day putting all the turbo piping on. I then had to wait for my 95# fuel injectors and VERSAFUELER to show up pictured below for size reference. Then, today I spend the better part of the day re-doing all the vacum lines, and making sure the none of the wiring would come in contact with anything HOT.

After all that was finished I toped off all the fluids and tried firing it up. Surprisingly, it started right away even without changing anyting in the tune. It ran pig a$$ rich and eventually died. I could get it started only with holding the throttle open. So off to the laptop I went and I ONLY changed the injector sizing to match the 95# injectors I now have. I proceeded to put the chip back in and fired it up with no problems, even idled well, 900ish rpms, with nice little loop notice the vacum in the video at idle. Anyway, I still need to get a boost a pump, quaterhorse, and a wideband. However, let the tuning begin and the racing....I, for once, am going to be ready for the season.

Pics and video below....enjoy :D :D :D

Chris
engineassembly001.jpg

engineassembly011.jpg

engineassembly012.jpg

Engine004.jpg

engineinstalledpic002.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
God gosh look at all the weight taken out of that Crankshaft!!! Sounds very nice. So, 500rwhp the goal or what? Good luck with the tuning....

Chris,

Glad to see you got it running so quickly. It sounds a lot better with the more agressive cam. Can't wait to go for a ride :eek:

David

Looks good.

I wonder how the new FRPP 80lb high impedence injectors would work in your applications.

Looks like that controller is working well though.

Looks good.

I wonder how the new FRPP 80lb high impedence injectors would work in your applications.

Looks like that controller is working well though.

When I calculated the injector size I needed 83# injectors would have been at 95% duty cycle. I just wasnt comfortable with that. So 95# it was.

Chris

Threads like this reinstill my belief that the sc's will be the next GN....

either way.. that is beautiful... how is your exhaust routed and what type of turbo you running?

Threads like this reinstill my belief that the sc's will be the next GN....

either way.. that is beautiful... how is your exhaust routed and what type of turbo you running?

Exhaust from the driver side header goes under the PS pump across under the balancer and up the front side of the passenger side block. There the passenger side header and driver side header merge and flow into a Precision PT68 turbo with a .68 AR exhaust housing. After the turbo the exhaust routes underneath the passenger side header and back out. The wastegate is plumbed right off the merging point and dumps into the exhaust as it goes back.

Chris

so, that v-band conects to the turbine housing, correct? or is there another piece from there to the ds header, then to the turbo? i dont see where the ds header connects...

also, the look liek custom headers... not flipped, correct?

just absorbing information before i start my turbo sc build.

Everthing is completely custom....here are some pics from when they were all fabricated.

Driver side header:

turboprojectday2008.jpg

Passenger side header:

turboprojectday2011.jpg

Cross over pipe:

turboprojectday2016.jpg

Y-pipe joining Driver Side header and Pass Side with turbo flange:

turboprojectday2014.jpg

Driver side header to crossover pipe v-band

turboprojectday2015.jpg

Turbo mounted on y-pipe with waste gate:

turboproject007.jpg

Wastegate into downpipe exhaust...with turbo removed:

turboprojectday2019.jpg

That's badass! What mufflers are you running on that? I know my car will need some in the near future and I like how your car sounds.

Sean

Which pistons are those and what CR did you go with. Quite the valve relief.

It is nice to see folks getting their cars together.

Back