What would make my wipers do this?

275hptbirdsc

Awile ago my wipers took a dump so I took the fuse out. A day or two later I put the fuse back in and the wipers worked for about 2 min and then just stopped mid wipe. I was able to get them back down by turning the wipers off and on while they krept back down. Is it the motor? It shouldnt be the fuse I checked and its fine. Thanks:D

wipers

Yes, it is most likely the motor. Parking is a mechanical function where the motor runs the other direction for a few rotations til the wipers are parked. If you remove the cowl vent, and look at the linkage as it comes off of the motor, you will see a joint that has an internal cam. double check that joint and lube it if it is dry. Then try the wipers again. If they dont park, time for pic and pull.

My wipers are doing a stranger thing than yours.
They worked fine up until yesterday.
Turned them on and they wouldn't shut off!
Continued to run on low speed at all interval the settings, low, and off.
When I moved switch to high they ran high ok.

Had to pull the fuse to stop them. Arrrgh!

So I'm guessing mine is the switch?

My wipers are doing a stranger thing than yours.
They worked fine up until yesterday.
Turned them on and they wouldn't shut off!
Continued to run on low speed at all interval the settings, low, and off.
When I moved switch to high they ran high ok.

Had to pull the fuse to stop them. Arrrgh!

So I'm guessing mine is the switch?

yep, even one out of a normal t-bird will work

Be sure to check the color of the module on the wiper switch as well as the part number (AAD, BAD, CAD)....

Depending on the options that your SC (or LX) came with, they have different modules and they are not interchangable....

I would think that you could swap out the modules though....:rolleyes:

Funny thing I found out.
The wipers will stop if I turn them off when they are at the bottom of windshield (park position).

Now I'm wonderiing if it is the controller board on the wiper motor.

Back