PDA

View Full Version : Can you name this vacuum line? pic

94sc500
03-15-2009, 01:53 PM
So I did a hg job and after i finished i noticed a vacuum line that broke and i cant find the other end of it does any one know where this line goes to It is about 1/4 inch black vacuum line that comes out of the passenger side firewall next to the EEC. Can anyone tell me where this line is supposed to go.

94sc500
03-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Oh by the way its a 93 super coupe

89tird
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Looks like the PCV line, it should go into a hard line that connects from the pcv valve on the valve cover to the back of the return plenum.

i got a 93sc too.

94sc500
03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
but this line is coming out of the firewall on the passenger side of the vehicle... i did remove the Air conditioning system but I don't rememeber removing that line from it.

sinhumane
03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
looks like a vac solenoid line... do you have egr?

pablon2
03-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I believe it goes to the vacuum tree behind the intake elbow. The tree is bolted to the underside of the wiper cowl support in the rear center of the bay.

frdlvr30
03-15-2009, 08:58 PM
That is the Vacuum supply line for the Heat/A/C system....Especially if its going to through the firewall thats the only thing it could be....

94sc500
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
looks like a vac solenoid line... do you have egr?

I don't know how do i tell?

scbird1
03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
That is the Vacuum supply line for the Heat/A/C system....Especially if its going to through the firewall thats the only thing it could be....

I second the heat/ AC controls. Do this unplug it with car running and go inside and try to change you vent to defrost or floor. I bet it wont work with it disconnected

94sc500
03-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I can't see anywhere where it would go i have looked all over especially behind the intake plenums, i don't see anything that i would consider a vacuum tree either but i don't really know what i am looking for. There is another line that comes out where the AC evaporator used to be it is a grayish color so i don't think it is for the AC. Could be wrong. I jacked the car up today and looked underneath it and still couldn't find any other loose vacuum lines or vacuum nipples. So have you guys got any more ideas to steer me in the right direction.

94sc500
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I second the heat/ AC controls. Do this unplug it with car running and go inside and try to change you vent to defrost or floor. I bet it wont work with it disconnected

just checked heat/AC controls still work... ... the line that i found has no vacuum on it so i would think it would go to something that creates vacuum. ... I don't know what you would want me to unplug

94sc500
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
by the way that is just tape on the end of the vacuum line in the pic... I am assuming the line broke and there is another lonesome vacuum line sucking away somewhere waiting to be reuinited with its other half.

pablon2
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't know how do i tell?

If your '93 is an auto, you for sure do not have EGR.

94sc500
03-16-2009, 09:44 PM
it is a 5 speed, i can't hear any leaks while the car is running and the car runs good but idles rough for a few seconds on a warm start. i think i am going to try the compressed air thing tomorrow (apply 10-20 psi to the throttle body... etc..) is there anything i should be careful about when doing this i don't want to harm anything i just fixed it and i don't want to have it down any longer. I do appreciate all the quick help everyone has given.

David Neibert
03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Looks like the vacuum line that goes down into the passenger side fender to the charcoal canister purge solenoid..then there is another line from the solenoid to the charcoal canister. Canister collects gasoline vapors and is perodically purged thru the PCV valve.

The end you have taped up should connect to the PCV hose back between the driver's side head and the firewall. Just follow the hose coming off the PCV valve and you will find a hard metal line with a nipple that the hose is supposed to attach to.

David

94sc500
03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I believe it goes to the vacuum tree behind the intake elbow. The tree is bolted to the underside of the wiper cowl support in the rear center of the bay.

that was it... when i hooked up the air compressor to it the other day I could feel it blowing back there but i couldn't see it so i removed the pass. wiper and the large plastic thing underneath it and i could see it pretty good. Luckily it broke off right at the connection so there was enought line so i didn't have to get a new one. Just a little super glue and it was good as new. Thanks for everyones help

pablon2
03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Glad you found it. :) Do I win something? :D