Cam bearing removal/install tool

pablon2

Maybe the 'WTB' in this case means 'Want to borrow'? I'm looking to borrow a cam bearing install/removal tool that works for our 3.8s (something like a Lisle universal). Yes, I know that in some areas local part stores rent them, but none do around me. I would of course pay shipping both ways and even give a little something for your trouble. I wouldn't be opposed to buying it outright if the price were right.

Kinda long

Rented the removal/install tool again yesterday and finally got the cam bearings installed. What a good feeling. There really isn't anything I haven't done on my car so I feel pretty confident tackling just about anything, BUT, I'll say one thing, I'd rather install the whole engine than have to install cam bearings again. You have to be so careful and move very very slowly when installing the bearings. Plus, it is hard as hell to tell when you've gone the appropriate distance. Had to loosen and remove the collet to see where the tapered edge was and then usually ended up driving it a little more. This loosening and tightening procedure is when one most risks nicking the bearing surface. Anyhow, it's done and now I can move on to more relaxing things like assembling the bottom end Saturday. Woo hoo!~ :D

Back