electrical problems....please help!

BRIAN WALTER

The following items in the XR7 are not working and help would be greatly appreciated:

blinkers (hazards work)
vmm (94/95 style,,,this will work in the 89?)
pwr mirrors
rear defrost
arc (completely non functioning, switch doesn't light up, no dash light ever)

So.....thinking the ignition switch was the culprit I replaced that but the problems were not fixed:eek:. While I was working on the car I also replaced the battery cables, battery, cleaned up some grounds, arc pressure switch, and multi-function switch.
Is there another switch or module that would tie all the items together???

Sounds to me like you have a blown Fuse. Specifically the 15A Run fuse in the instrument panel fuse box. Obviously there are several things that can cause this due to so many item being on that circuit. The most common problem is the A/C compressor clutch overheating and windings shorting out to the case(of the clutch coil). Even if your A/C is not functional. Check your fuses. If that fuse is blown, simply unplug the clutch(at the compressor), and replace the fuse and see what happens. This may or may not be you problem, but it does happen. First thing you should always do is check fuses to narrow down the sub-system...

update....

The 15A "Run" and the 10A "turn signals" were both blown. I replaced the turn signal fuse and they now work:) But, when I replaced the 15A run fuse it blew as soon as I started the car. What other items are tied into this circuit? The A/C compressor clutch switch is disconnected since the removal of the condenser for the FMIC.

Thanks

Back