MP Plenum Vacuum Fittings?

Dahoopd

Does anyone know what size and thread they are? I bought a used plenum and it doesn't have any fittings. I tried a few auto stores and they don't have the right size. Thanks for the help.

you probably may want to get a plug as well... i remember that i had to plug one of the fittings i believe it was in the front of the plenum behind the supercharger next to the bypass... you'll see what i mean.

you probably may want to get a plug as well... i remember that i had to plug one of the fittings i believe it was in the front of the plenum behind the supercharger next to the bypass... you'll see what i mean.

The plug is in there. I thought I had to remove that to connect the bypass.? Where else would you connect the bypass?

i suppose you could... i just connected the bypass to the stock bypass line coming from the tee on the driver side that way i didn't have to cap it or anything.

Front thread size

I need to hook the SC bypass actuator line up to the front of the plenum. Does anyone know the size of the thread on the front of the MP plenum were the brass plug is?

I need to hook the SC bypass actuator line up to the front of the plenum. Does anyone know the size of the thread on the front of the MP plenum were the brass plug is?

I have one that I can take a picture of for you. Or, you could call Charles over at Magnum Powers. I'm sure he'll sell you guys a few.

I'll find out for sure

I'll see if I can shoot an email over to MP and get a definite answer so that we'll have it in the archives for future reference

From the man himself:

"The front hose barb hole is 1/8" NPT and the rear ones are 1/4" NPT. Because of the way they measure pipe thread they look a lot bigger then the name implies."

Funny, I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as 1/8 NPT. Learn something new everyday

The outside of the stem that contains the schrader valve will accept 1/16" NPT fitting, not the inside.

David
Yeah, I should have explained it better. The thread size on the fuel rail is 1/16" NPT. I don't know the actual thread size for the schrader valve, but I'm sure it is NOT NPT.

Back