No start upshift light on!

Pacman

I am trying to help my friend get his sc running. He lost his tach then a mile or so down the road the car quit completely and when you crank it you get the upshift light. Is this a crank sensor issue or a cam position sensor?

same thing on mine and it was the cam sensor, really easy to replace, and i hear you can pull it off to verify it is the problem, and another trick of turning ignition for a few seconds and then cut off completely turn on for a few seconds cut off completely and so on until it cranks, trying to find the right position to start at. im sure you could look it up on here.

No start with upshift light is usually the crank sensor, and a fluttery tach is usually the cam sensor. Sounds like you have an issue with one or likely both of them.

We tried unplugging that cam sensor and attempted to start it about 20 times and never got it to fire. And the tach wasnt fluttery it just completely quit before the car quit running.

Sounds like the crank sensor went, check the balancer also. The balancer may have went bad and hit the crank sensor.

Back