PDA

View Full Version : used 89-93 SC 5 speed

ZR WHAT
09-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Anyone with a good used SC 5 speed in Ontario out there? If anyone knows of one available please drop me a note. I'm looking for a 5speed (any color but red) with a black leather interior with good k's.

Also, when I find a good car what are the top 3 performance mods I should do to increase HP besides a 5-10% pulley.

thanks in advance

ZR WHAT
(5 previous LX 5.0's)

Digitalchaos
09-20-2002, 04:49 PM
An exhaust upgrade should be the first step taken when increasing airflow through the engine, other than maybe a k&n panel. Do not use a pulley without at least a simple exhaust flow enhancement.

ZR WHAT
09-23-2002, 08:10 AM
what about larger mass air meter or intercooler fan? When you say exhaust upgrade are you talking headers or whole system after manifolds?

thanks for the reply

MY90SC
09-23-2002, 09:56 PM
get the old cats off and put either high flow cats in or a high flow res with some turbo mufflers

Jason Wild
09-27-2002, 11:20 AM
exhast is the first thing to do

NOTYSC
10-24-2002, 01:15 AM
Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive pair of High Flow Cats? I droped the the resonator when i put my cat back on, and all is well, but lately I have been thinking about the cats. Let me know. Thanks, Dan

ThunderCoupe94
11-01-2002, 01:04 PM
SuperCoupePerformance.com is haveing a special on High Flow Cats go there and check em out. Bill is a very knowledgable SCer and he owns SCP so check it out. Hope this helps ya out bro.

Sc-Ya
Jayson

NOTYSC
11-01-2002, 03:30 PM
Would the car pass emmissions if i just took off the cats,, and would this be wise anyway? Just throwin it out there. thanks

ThunderCoupe94
11-02-2002, 11:59 AM
If you live in NJ i know u will fail emissions only because i live here and they check with a little mirror to see if they are there so if u live in NJ the answer is No. Unless u go to an independant company who does inspections but there arent to many of them around here no more. Also i heard a lot of SCers do it so i am not sure of if it will fail in different states. hope this helps.

Jayson

fast Ed
11-03-2002, 03:14 AM
If you haven't seen it yet, keep an eye out on the Buy & Sell page of the Super Coupe Club of Ontario site, this is the direct link HERE (http://htmlgear.lycos.com/guest/control.guest?u=sccoo&a=view&i=1001&r=http://www.sccoa.com/sccoo/indexleft.htm)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO