PDA

View Full Version : gettting rca's from centre console to back seat???

Scott-Atah
09-20-2002, 04:58 PM
ok...got the car ripped apart pulled the rca's out and am attempting to go down the centre of the car....kinda under the centre consol and under the shifter yada yada.....at the back of the centre console and at the carpet.........how the hell do i get to the middle of the back seat from there?

carpet is glued down or something!

icq 59802009
msn fingerlickingood_@hotmail.com
yahoo joeymoss999@yahoo.com

messsage me somewhere and help me out quickly please

also.......how do you get the bottom part of the back seat out? (my seats dont fold down)

webmaster of WC
09-20-2002, 05:43 PM
once you hit the back of the console you have to take it under the carpet which may mean a little cut. then remove you rear seat bottom and the into the backif you have fold down seats the it a peice of carpet that is just velcrowed in and if you don't you just have to push it through. to get to the trunk

Scott-Atah
09-20-2002, 07:21 PM
welllllllllllll finally after like 4 hours i got it done....rca's down the middle of the car.....and the feedback BUZZING sound is gone WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O

ripped out a buncha electrical **** and got it all back together without breaking anything, apart from my finger in the process....and everything even appears to work now yahooooooooo

syphon
09-21-2002, 02:53 AM
I just ran the power wire and amp-remote wire down the driver side, and the RCA's down the passenger side. No buzzing here.

Although, These are only pushing subs. I imagine a slight buzz would be harder to hear in this case.

91 XR7
09-21-2002, 04:20 PM
Oh, by the way, when before you went through the trouble of ReRouting, you did add a better ground fromt he battery to the chassis didn't you?? :) I had the Wonderful `whurling' noise that raised/lower with engine RPM, and once i added a 4ga (to match the 4ga going to the back.. YES over kill, should of used 10ga :) ) had of been like a MIN. 75% of the noise went away :) :) :) :)

also when i had my interior gutted last winter, I ran my RCA's down the center too.. but never made a difference.. Other then now being able to runa set of RCA cables to the car behind me :) (Gained like 6' that way)

also oginally i had it done like Syphon.. Also ran the front speaker wires on the passenger side too.. but i never let the RCAs or Speaker wire touch that much, any other wire there..

Tazer999
09-21-2002, 05:46 PM
4 gauge? pffft, all about 0 gauge, :D

Tazer999
09-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Haven't installed it yet because I don't have the car apart, but I will probably put it in the same place as my old 8 gauge. Thru a hole in the firewall by the pedals, under the carpet, down the side of the car underneat the interior trim, under the back seat, then back to the amp.

Tazer999
09-21-2002, 06:04 PM
No room in my trunk

Tazer999
09-21-2002, 06:11 PM
4 subs in a wall in the middle. Left side panel has the cap in it, spare tire well has the 2 amps, right side panel has the crossover and neon controls.

Hence, no room, :p

webmaster of WC
09-21-2002, 06:13 PM
there is tons of room in the trunk to relocate a battery.

Tazer999
09-21-2002, 06:14 PM
Not when it is full of audio goodies, :D

91 XR7
09-21-2002, 07:15 PM
BAH, 0 Guage?? Why not 0/11 guage?? :)

also I'm planing on 0 guage when i toss the battery into the trunk... and it'll be a COOOL install tool :)

0 guage from the battery to the starter, 4 to 2 guage from the starter to Distaibution block, 8 to 4 ga from the block to the Starter relay.. 4ga from the Block to the Alternator..

Also You COULD of built the system around a battery, You know You could of possibly tossed the battery BEHIND the Cap, or X-overs, ect... this is why designing counts ;)

Scott-Atah
09-21-2002, 10:07 PM
all i did was rewire the 2 rca cables.....and that fixed it all up didn't touch the ground or anything.....got rid of all buzzing sounds...and now all is peachy