My car looks great on a flat bed.

neverfastenough

First lets take a look at my ~~~~~~ day. Spent about 6hrs getting my tranny cooler perfect and working in the valvebody dept. I fill up the tranny, start it up. Was hard,chugged and sputtered but I got it. Next I went to back out of the garage no reverse. SO...I got that fixed after dropping the pan and VB with a ATF shower. I decided to go for a test drive, car was pulling great, then I blew an IC tube off. No biggie, put it back on, car wouldnt start. Popped and tried, but no start. So I cranked more then it just gives up trying, no pops or sputters. This is roughly the same thing that happened about a month back and it started first pop the next morning:confused: Front mounts make it tough to get a car on a flat bed too, 50$ out the window right there. And to top it off I bet it starts first pop tomorrow when I decide to start working on it.

Corey

it started right up this morning and it restarted fine also. FIX WHAT????????? Im going to redo the engine grounds, crank and cam sensor, then pray it doesnt happen again. It has to have something to do with heat. I dont kno what to do so Ill just change stuff:rolleyes:

now second gear slips so bad it wont hold even at 5psi, third wont hold over 10psi. I doubt Ill be at the may meet with it.

just the stock 130k mile tranny, I put all new fluid in it last night and i think thats what killed it. The smashed 5spd sc at the wrecking yard down the road is looking tempting

Dude,
Come down some weekend and Anthony and I will show you how to rebuild an AOD---its not rocket science................Dan

Thats alot of gas money haha. I talked to Alan I can get it rebuilt for a decent price. BUT this 5spd car has everything I need. I figure if I sell my new TC, VB and tranny cooler as well as all the other aod parts, drive shaft etc. Ill have more than enough for the smashed car and a new clutch, then I can scrap the rest when im done. I just dont know if I would be gaining anything by going manual, Id have more fun, thats about it.

Sung to the tune of "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime...?"

My car looks good on a flatbed,
it looked so *** nice ridin' high.

Thought it was fun, being trucked by the ton,
waving, smiling and such.

But when I got home and was finally alone,
my car told me 'brutha, please do not touch'.

So now I just sit, with my face flashing red,
'cause my car looked so good on a flatbed.

Thats alot of gas money haha. I talked to Alan I can get it rebuilt for a decent price. BUT this 5spd car has everything I need. I figure if I sell my new TC, VB and tranny cooler as well as all the other aod parts, drive shaft etc. Ill have more than enough for the smashed car and a new clutch, then I can scrap the rest when im done. I just dont know if I would be gaining anything by going manual, Id have more fun, thats about it.

Don't do it..:rolleyes:

If you plan on increasing the power, it's only going to get harder to drive and will likely break more parts with a manual transmission. Stuff like broken output shafts, broken half shafts, sloppy shifter, grinding gears because of worn syncros and wheel hop will become concerns that you don't presently deal with.

David

PS: My transmission only lasted to about 85K with similar power, so I'm surprised yours was still moving the car at 130K.

Haha my local tranny shop told me to start looking for a new one around 100k miles I didnt want to hear it and pumped it full of lucas stuff :p. I have thought about the wheel hop and stress on drive train components BUT I only go the the strip at the shootout. Plus I figure at any high power level on the street the tires will give before something breaks. Theres pros and cons to both setups. Im curious how a stick will put up with my driving style.

>Im curious how a stick will put up with my driving style.

WHAT driving style ?? :rolleyes:

You should stick with an auto.

Thats sucks about the tranny... Just run over to Summit and pick up a TCI Streetfighter AOD and you'll be back in bizz before you know it.:p

pretty close to getting rid of it. I can fit my arm in the rockers the rust is so bad, the windshield cracked because of rust also. It wont start half the time and now it wont go, it also has a broken coil spring. AND i has no monies.

Back