PDA

View Full Version : rewiring RCA's down middle of car...stuck at carpet????

Scott-Atah
09-20-2002, 04:59 PM
ok...got the car ripped apart pulled the rca's out and am attempting to go down the centre of the car....kinda under the centre consol and under the shifter yada yada.....at the back of the centre console and at the carpet.........how the hell do i get to the middle of the back seat from there?

carpet is glued down or something!

icq 59802009
msn fingerlickingood_@hotmail.com
yahoo joeymoss999@yahoo.com

messsage me somewhere and help me out quickly please

MikeM
09-20-2002, 05:29 PM
Run them down the side of the car instead. Much easier. Just be sure to run them down the opposite side as the power wire.

Scott-Atah
09-20-2002, 05:34 PM
awwww i'm like soooo close...and i ripped it all apart.....

also.......how do you get the bottom part of the back seat out? (my seats dont fold down)

gldiii
09-20-2002, 05:48 PM
At the front edge of the back seat push it hard straight back and then lift up on the seat. There is a "catch" at each side of the seat bottom.

Mike Puckett
09-20-2002, 05:52 PM
I've pulled the carpet out of mine and relaid it and I'll second MikeM on that. The way the console fits and the clearance under it unless you have really flat wire it won't fit plus the hand brake is in the way. Unbolt one of the seats and go down the side of the hump.

Scott-Atah
09-20-2002, 07:24 PM
welllllllllllll finally after like 4 hours i got it done....rca's down the middle of the car.....and the feedback BUZZING sound is gone WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O

ripped out a buncha electrical **** and got it all back together without breaking anything, apart from my finger in the process....and everything even appears to work now yahooooooooo

thanks for helpin get the back seat out...if i didn't do that i woulda never gotten it....but yahooo it's done now. thanks all

Tazer999
09-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Hrm, u should have waited till I got home from the fuseball tournament. I couldn't pry myself away from playin against the girls, haha

Scott-Atah
09-20-2002, 09:48 PM
you were playin against girls and you probably still lost....

Tazer999
09-20-2002, 09:49 PM
Yah, its hard to concentrate on the game when they are wearing a low cut shirt.. Oh well, at least I made it look like I was trying hard, I looked at the table every now and then