PDA

View Full Version : Meet for Us Northeast Guys at NE Dragway

SCrazy
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Let's pick a date in June or something that we all plan for and get together at NE Dragway.

I think we should pick a date that is far enough out we can all make plans in advance and not have excuses.

If we are desperate for company maybe we can even reach out to the NY guys.

Brian

fastsc92
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I need to get me another car first... Ricardo let me know about a nice one...but it's way out in Texas. A little too far for me at the moment.

SCrazy
03-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Can't you just fix up one from Mike's fleet??

ricardoa1
03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I need to get me another car first... Ricardo let me know about a nice one...but it's way out in Texas. A little too far for me at the moment.

Have it shipped here take a flight and ship it here.
I will be rust free :D

Plus only 722 made.

Ill go two or three weekends after carlisle. I should have the car tune and ready for a new season.

fastsc92
03-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Have it shipped here take a flight and ship it here.
I will be rust free :D

Plus only 722 made.

Ill go two or three weekends after carlisle. I should have the car tune and ready for a new season.

When is Carlisle? How far?

ricardoa1
03-19-2009, 10:44 PM
June 5th-7th

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

bigpoppa822
03-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I'll be there pretty often this summer, I need some seat time in my car. It would be pretty cool if we could set up a little mini-meet over the summer with all the locals.

fastsc92
03-19-2009, 11:43 PM
June 5th-7th

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

i might be interested in checking it out... would be nice to meet other guys from the site.

when do you think your car is going to be done? Do you need to do some tuning before hand?

ricardoa1
03-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I might, I am the mercy of others right now. Ill grt it together as soon as I have the final pieces. You can catch a ride with me if you want.

Mikessupercoupe
03-20-2009, 07:12 AM
I'll be ready for April as well anyone up for giving their car some exercise then?

Mike:D

bigpoppa822
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I'll be ready for April as well anyone up for giving their car some exercise then?

Yup I'm down for some runs in April, as long as I can get home in time to get to the track from school, traffic in Boston on a friday is not very fun haha.

SCrazy
03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Come on......I get there on time from Hartford!!!

Mikessupercoupe
03-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Brian,

Any upgrades this year?

SCrazy
03-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I've got the stuff for a two step rev limiter and a toying with going to some more cam but nothing yet.

Hey Brian,

Any upgrades this year?

fastsc92
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Are we ready to set a date? I don't think my car will be making it to the track this year, unless I get a new clutch (or a new car). I'd still like to watch you guys run.

SCrazy
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Sounds like Ricardo really needs to hold off until July. That's fine be me, at least once we have a date I can plan around it.

ricardoa1
03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I could make a few passes if the AFR is good. But I rather wait till I got it all dialed in. I could bring the SRT-4 to see some 14s with 115-120mph LOL :D

fastsc92
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
I could make a few passes if the AFR is good. But I rather wait till I got it all dialed in.

Well let's do it... time's a wastin...

SCrazy
04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Looks like test and tune on Saturday 7/25.

Mixed in with lots of other stuff so I'm not sure how many runs we could get in, otherwise it's a Wednesday or Friday streetnight deal.

Rob m
04-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Are we ready to set a date? I don't think my car will be making it to the track this year, unless I get a new clutch (or a new car). I'd still like to watch you guys run.

Don't feel bad i need a new motor so a clutch is no big!

Ira R.
04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Looks like test and tune on Saturday 7/25.

Mixed in with lots of other stuff so I'm not sure how many runs we could get in, otherwise it's a Wednesday or Friday streetnight deal.

A Wed night at the end of July, huh?? Hmmmmmm......... now that opens some interesting possibilities.

Ira

fastsc92
07-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Lets get a list together on who's going for July 25th. Test and tune all day. I for one won't be bringing my car, but would love to attend.

Brian, will you be ready?

Mike, how's your car?

Ira, will you be making the trip?

ricardoa1
07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Lets get a list together on who's going for July 25th. Test and tune all day. I for one won't be bringing my car, but would love to attend.

Brian, will you be ready?

Mike, how's your car?

Ira, will you be making the trip?

Thats no fun JAy. Bring your car.

fastsc92
07-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I'd need a clutch for it....don't even want to waste taking the tranny down again to replace it right now.

I'd love to go look at another SC in the area...(::cough, cough::, mike;)) and possible get another project rollin.

fastsc92
08-11-2009, 09:59 AM
August 22nd is the next test day. Let's seriously try to make something happen. If this test day doesn't work out, the next closest day is Sept 26th. Of course Wed. and Friday nights are still open.

ricardoa1
08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
August 22nd is the next test day. Let's seriously try to make something happen. If this test day doesn't work out, the next closest day is Sept 26th. Of course Wed. and Friday nights are still open.

I think Brian is still breaking in his engine. Also how hot is it that day. My car seems to be forbidden from from racing or driving hard if the temps go above 90 deg.

SCrazy
08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm taking my car to Dave that weekend for tuning so I'll be out of town.

fastsc92
08-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Didn't realise that you started another thread Brian. To answer your question:

Looking at the NED calendar there are a number of dates for Street Nights or T&T in the next 6 weeks or so.

W 9/2, F 9/4, W 9/16, F 9/18, W 9/23, F 9/25 are all street nights

Saturday 9/26 is a test and tune

Gates open for the street nights at 5:00pm if we show up early we could do a little cookout outside the gates then head on in at 5:00. I gotta think the Wednesdays would be tough for alot of people and even on Fridays people might need to take some time off from work but Friday seems better.

Not sure about the Saturday T&T day as I've never attended one maybe J can comment on whether or not that's a good option.

Typically on street nights you can get a good 8 passes in if you get there at 5. Most of the time, the lanes don't get busy until 8 or so. The issue with street night is that track prep is usually crappy. It's typically filled with people that have no clue what they are doing, driving through the water, burning up street tires and staging 15 feet from where they need to be. It never helps when the guy in front of you just burnt up his street tires, taking away all the VHT for a good 80 feet either. Sometimes lane 8 on a Friday night is saved for slicks only, so they prep the track a little better. The night also brings cooler air if you're lucky, but then track conditions begin to deteriorate. Cost is $20 for the night I believe.

Test and tune days usually work out better, but they have their trade off's as well. Track prep is usually top notch. Almost everyone there has some sort of serious car, or they are serious about racing. If you get there when gates open and spend an entire day there, you can only get in about 4-5 passes. If you're in the test session, there is plenty of cool-down time before you're allowed back into the lane, which is an additional 15 min or so. I'd say between rounds, you're waiting 45min plus 15 min in the staging lanes.

If you get there early and start testing, it's not too crowded. The issue is that on the test days, you're shuffled in between bracket races. All the guys who get bumped out after the buy-back round file into the test session and it becomes a lot more crowded. Since most cars there run 11 sec and under, you typically have more breakage, blown motors ect. which take a lot of time for clean-up on the track, again slowing things down. Cost is $33 for the day I believe.

However, after all the pros and cons of both days, I've ALWAYS run my best times on a test session day, and I used to go up to the track twice a week. So for me, whatever day you guys plan is fine with me. I'm located about 30 min away from the track so it's more up to everyone driving long distances. If we do a street night, I feel that some of the people driving long distances might feel rushed. If we do a weekend session, we can make a day of it, grill, get some music, etc, then it almost makes the 2+ hour drive for everyone else worth it.

SCrazy
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
If gates on Saturday open at 8am then the long distance people would probably need to come up on Friday night or have a REALLY early morning.

So Friday night more runs and cheaper but crappy track, Saturday fewer runs, more money but excellent track.

I personally don't mind only getting a few runs and spending most of a Saturday shooting the breeze but I also would be open to either.

In fact through September I would like to get to a few of the Wed/Fri nights anyway so we are talking about a date that works best for the most people.

fastsc92
08-11-2009, 11:27 AM
gates on sat open at 8, but I'm pretty sure that the racing doesn't start until 9:00. I could be wrong though. If that's the case, it'll give some people more time.

ricardoa1
08-11-2009, 11:37 AM
If you want to make a nice day out of it Saturday works best for me. Its my day of and I get to have a decent cool down after every run. The better track conditon is also a plus. The only problem I have is the bottle warmer and my battery. The longer I stay in the lanes the more likely my battery will die. And the car might detonate and blow up :eek: due to a poorly charged battery.

fastsc92
08-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I can bring a generator......that way if we do make a day out of it, we'll have power for everything. I can bring a generator, a 10' x 10' easy-up, battery charger...whatever we need. We just have to make sure we hook up the battery charger the right way....;):p

ricardoa1
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice :) ........

SCrazy
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
I can bring a generator......that way if we do make a day out of it, we'll have power for everything. I can bring a generator, a 10' x 10' easy-up, battery charger...whatever we need. We just have to make sure we hook up the battery charger the right way....;):p

Ouch:cool:

SCrazy
08-11-2009, 02:44 PM
So we're looking at Saturday September 26th then??

bigpoppa822
08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
If it's in September I'll be in. I have a new exhaust coming soon and I'll have the water/meth in shortly as well, I'd like to see what this new setup could get me.

ricardoa1
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Thats fine. As long as the car does not blow up by then it should be a good date.

fastsc92
08-11-2009, 03:19 PM
It's sooo far away though, and I get itchy...

bigpoppa822
08-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Jay, would you be interested in doing some tuning on my car? I could compensate you for your time. I don't have a BE license or a wideband, though. Just a BURN1 and a chip.

fastsc92
08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Jay, would you be interested in doing some tuning on my car? I could compensate you for your time. I don't have a BE license or a wideband, though. Just a BURN1 and a chip.

I only have a lic file for my strategy. I have the wideband, but I'm not too keen on taking it out of my car. It's in a nice spot, and I'm too lazy to take it out.:rolleyes: I'd have to use my QH, no biggie, but I don't have a lic file for your EEC. I know with the QH you can use it in different strategies, but when using your moates chip, I'm not sure if I can load up a GSALI strat and tune and have it run in your GURE computer. That's something you'll have to ask Fraser about.

OR...you can just buy the $35 def file, but it would have to be registered to my PC, so it kind of screws you on the deal.

As for a wideband, I'd honestly just buy one. They are a very usefull tool and it's something that you could swap from car to car and charge your buddies to use. There is a place in Hudson, MA, if you pay cash you get a 20%-25% discount. You'd be able to get a LC-1 for $160, which is a steal.

My prices did however go up. I now charge an 18 pack of cold ones vs. a 12 pack. :p

David Neibert
08-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Guys,

Please don't break your cars a week before the Shootout ... like I did last year :o

David

SCrazy
08-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Guys,

Please don't break your cars a week before the Shootout ... like I did last year :o

David

I have a personal policy to only destroy stuff AT the shootout not before of course I've been pretty clean for the last few years so maybe I've changed that trend.

Plus I here there are going to be some heavy hitters in Ira & my personal 11.5 second class this year so we need to be sure we're on our game.

ricardoa1
08-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I wont be there this year so its all good. I dont want to blow it up though.

Ira R.
08-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I have a personal policy to only destroy stuff AT the shootout not before of course I've been pretty clean for the last few years so maybe I've changed that trend.

Plus I here there are going to be some heavy hitters in Ira & my personal 11.5 second class this year so we need to be sure we're on our game.

Yea well, let's first see if I have game this year...... :(

Ira

ricardoa1
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM

Ira

What happened to the car Ira. Did you make it to Boston this week?

fastsc92
08-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised Mike hasn't chimed in on this one....

SCrazy
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Ira

That doesn't sound good.....what's up??

Ira R.
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Well there is this noise you see.......

Don't know yet. Have only gotten into the driver's side valve cover. Everything looks fine so far and the compression tests were fine, but I need to get into the passenger side now.

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/?action=view&current=DSCN7115.flv

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/th_DSCN7115.jpg (http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/?action=view&current=DSCN7115.flv)

Ira

fastsc92
08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
sounds like a header leak from the video, but I'm sure it sounds much different in person. I wonder if the guys at the body shop had anything to do with it?

ricardoa1
08-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Well there is this noise you see.......

Don't know yet. Have only gotten into the driver's side valve cover. Everything looks fine so far and the compression tests were fine, but I need to get into the passenger side now.

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/?action=view&current=DSCN7115.flv

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/th_DSCN7115.jpg (http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/?action=view&current=DSCN7115.flv)

Ira

Sounds like a banging to me. But lets hope its just an exhaust leak.
You can hear it very well from inside the car. :eek:
Is there any change in the way the car is running like a miss or sputter?

The car would have good compression if it was a bearing i would think. But it does not sound like a rod knock to me, more like valvetrain related. Do you have one of those stethoscope for cars Sears sells them for like 10-15 you can start to put it in different places to see where its really comming from.

SCrazy
08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
What was that horrible noise when you were getting out of the car........very troublesome!!

I tend to agree with J the noise in the engine bay sounds alot like an exhaust leak.

Get that sucker fixed........

Ira R.
08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Spent a few minutes last night doing simple diagnostics. As in clear head, start over. Oil clean, no metal. Oil pressure okay. Driver side valve cover clean as a whistle when pulled. Exhaust leaks not helping isolate noise but accounted for. No blow back. No smoke from exhaust. In fact from the rear of the car you can't tell anything is wrong by the sound. Belts all tight, pulleys look good.

Tonight we start pulling the passenger side apart.

Ira

Ira R.
08-14-2009, 08:34 AM
What was that horrible noise when you were getting out of the car........very troublesome!!

Get that sucker fixed........

Yep, that's the one. Something metallic. Working on it.

The exhaust leak noise is throwing us all off. There is a leak on the driver's side but it has never been that bad. Now it sounds like I have leaks everywhere, but that doesn't account for the metallic sound you can clearly hear if you put your ear to it. Sounds like its missing also. Tested the wires tonight also and there is a distinct difference when you pull them, except for #2. No change there, so that's where we're going first. We're going to pull the passenger side tonight and see what we see. Hoping the the weather holds and I have enough Bud Lite in the house because with a lot of luck we may have an answer tonight and get started looking for parts tomorrow.

Of course I won't hold my breath.........

Ira

Ira R.
08-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Well, we have our answer. Spun the lifters in #1. Dogbone shifted, web was loose. Cam took a hit as well. We didn't pull it but you can clearly feel the rough spots. Not good.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/TestWebCam001.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/TestWebCam002.jpg

Ira

ricardoa1
08-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Going on my Vacation that week from weekend to weekend. 19th-26th
Sorry I cannot attend this date after checking the reservations.

fastsc92
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey Brian,

I have your k-member finished. Sorry it took forever...:rolleyes:, things just got sidetracked for too long. Do you want me to ship it out to you, or are you still coming up this way for the track towards the end of Sept? I think Ricardo bailed, I wonít be racing, Iraís car is down and I havenít heard anything from Mike yet. Wasnít sure if you still planned to go.

SCrazy
08-31-2009, 10:10 AM
I definately plan on going at least once hopefully twice before the shootout. I'm actually toying with this Friday but I need to get a bunch of stuff done at work before then. If you don't mind holding on to it I'm sure we could meet up in the next couple of weeks.

Not sure if I'll get it installed before the shootout but maybe I'll bring it along and show off your handiwork.

ricardoa1
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I definately plan on going at least once hopefully twice before the shootout. I'm actually toying with this Friday but I need to get a bunch of stuff done at work before then. If you don't mind holding on to it I'm sure we could meet up in the next couple of weeks.

Not sure if I'll get it installed before the shootout but maybe I'll bring it along and show off your handiwork.

Brian keep us posted when you go. I migh just drive after work with the Nittos and make some easy passes and watch your car run. Its just that that week was the only time I was able to take off for vacation.

fastsc92
08-31-2009, 11:28 AM

Sounds like a plan, like Ricardo said, let us know when you plan to go. I'm only a short trip away so I'd be interested in watching.

I'll hold onto the k-member until you're up in the area, or I'm down near CT. I'm going to start making Dave's this week so maybe I can use your courier services and deliver it to him at the shootout if you don't mind.

bigpoppa822
08-31-2009, 11:34 AM
I'll go up and watch too, I want to run but have a rejection sticker so I'm SOL.

fastsc92
08-31-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll go up and watch too, I want to run but have a rejection sticker so I'm SOL.

why would that matter??

bigpoppa822
08-31-2009, 11:38 AM
why would that matter??

It says on the website for street night you can't run with a safety rejection sticker. I failed for my e-brake and fixed it, but now my tires are just at or just under the tread limit to pass, so I'd get another one if I went to get it inspected.

fastsc92
08-31-2009, 11:40 AM
It says on the website for street night you can't run with a safety rejection sticker. I failed for my e-brake and fixed it, but now my tires are just at or just under the tread limit to pass, so I'd get another one if I went to get it inspected.

that's stange, considering you don't even have to have a registered car in order to race (drag car). Rules are ghey

bigpoppa822
08-31-2009, 12:02 PM
I know, I really wanted to go up this summer and see how the car did with the gear swap and the MP inlet. Now I'll just have to wait until the exhaust and meth kit are on too, plus I'll be two-stepping thanks to you.

fastsc92
08-31-2009, 12:04 PM
I know, I really wanted to go up this summer and see how the car did with the gear swap and the MP inlet. Now I'll just have to wait until the exhaust and meth kit are on too, plus I'll be two-stepping thanks to you.

I hope you have some slicks in your bag of tricks. I don't think the two-step is going to help you at all without some traction.

SCrazy
08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm going to start making Dave's this week so maybe I can use your courier services and deliver it to him at the shootout if you don't mind.

Good by me

SCrazy
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Not gonna make it tonight...to much crap at work to get finished up. Dang it....

ricardoa1
09-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Same here LOL.

Mikessupercoupe
09-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Anyone up for the 16th or 18th? I have a couple of things to straighten out before I can race so that would give me enough time to be right. I want my Red one ready too.:D

Mike

fastsc92
09-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I can go up and watch, most likely for the 16th, possibly the 18th. Mike any news about that black car, do you know if it's still available?

Mikessupercoupe
09-07-2009, 12:46 PM
The car is still available and the owner is back from Florida. I was having a problem dealing with his parents so I just gave up but now I'll find out when is a good time to look at it and give you a call.

What kind of crap is that, you'll go up and watch? You're a racer put a clutch in that car and tear it up. :D

fastsc92
09-07-2009, 12:50 PM
The car is still available and the owner is back from Florida. I was having a problem dealing with his parents so I just gave up but now I'll find out when is a good time to look at it and give you a call.

What kind of crap is that, you'll go up and watch? You're a racer put a clutch in that car and tear it up. :D

A good clutch requires $$, all of which I don't have at the momment. Plus it disgusts me to even look at my car. Once I find another car as a foundation I'll feel much better and be able to dump foolish amounts of money into it like we all do.:rolleyes:

But yes, I'll just go and watch. My car isn't registered, inspected or insured.

Mikessupercoupe
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok I was just messing with you. I also found another black SC in Taunton

Ma. The body looks good but I didn't take a close look at it. It was in a

garage until the garage just got rented out. I called about the car but the

guy wouldn't give me a price he wanted he wanted an offer so I told him I'd

take a better look at it and give a call back. I'm not sure what year it is but

it didn't look bad except for the front bumper didn't look right.

Mike:cool:

fastsc92
09-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Any car that wasn't in an accident looks good to me. A plus if its black with no sunroof. Don't care if it has a motor or trans. Just looking for a solid roller more than anything, preferably a 92-93. Let me know...for some reason all these t-birds have a way of finding you.

Ira R.
09-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Yea Mike... share a little huh.... there are some needy people out there that need your help :D :D

Ira

bigpoppa822
09-08-2009, 08:36 AM
I'll go up too, but looks like I'll only be watching as well unless I can get a sticker before then.

I still haven't put the damn meth kit in yet and have been too lazy to get a 92+ gas tank so I can install the exhaust. I need to get on this stuff.

fastsc92
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I didn't even think about this before but you guys could hit up a track rental day on a Wednesday. The cost is $100 but you can get as many runs as you'd like from 1-5. There are only a limited number of cars allowed and there are absolutely no lines. Then if you wanted, you could hit up the street night that starts at 6. The rental days are prepped extremely well.

Just an option.

Ira R.
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Anyone want to plan on going the 30th??

Ira

SCrazy
09-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Go to street night in NH then all of us head out for the shootout right afterwards......Jen would kill me!!

SCrazy
09-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Son of a B!tch!!!!!!

Can't do Friday need to go to Pennsylvania for work....I guess the weather looks a look shaky anyway.

I'm going next Friday, rain or shine, hell or high water.

Sorry guys

Mikessupercoupe
09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Anyone want to plan on going the 30th??

Ira

I wouldn't mine as I haven't gone all year. I would like to try to make it next week too. Been real busy working but the car needs some exercise.:D

fastsc92
09-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I just went last night with a friend's mustang. I figured because it was a track rental day, the prep would be OK. Wrong. The track was a skating rink. I think I would avoid street nights if possible guys. It looked like the major issue was that when the cars would launch off the line, they would dump all the water out of the exhaust (from the cold air). The tech guys would mop it up, but basically just spread it around for the next guy in line. From the stands I could physically see the water pooling up. I'd say save your money and go on either a track rental in the day time, or a test and tune.

Either way, let use know when you guys plan on going and I'll head up.

Ira R.
09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Go to street night in NH then all of us head out for the shootout right afterwards......Jen would kill me!!

yes well.... so. it would be the first time? LOL

Okay okay, I agree it may not be the best of ideas. I guess I'm heading to the SO without any track time or break in or tuning other then the miles I'll put on getting out there. This presumes of course, that we stay on schedule and get the car back on the road pretty soon.

Ira

SCrazy
09-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Hell or High Water I'm going on Friday.

Even if the track is crap I want to log a pass with my car as is. Swap in a smaller blower pulley, make another pass then make any little adjustements needed to the tune.

I also want to play the shiny new two step which I've never used.

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Hell or High Water I'm going on Friday.

Even if the track is crap I want to log a pass with my car as is. Swap in a smaller blower pulley, make another pass then make any little adjustements needed to the tune.

I also want to play the shiny new two step which I've never used.

Not going on Saturday? I guess I'll head up on Friday then, drop off your k-member and we'll square up payment. Dave's won't be ready by then so I'll just have to ship it to him.

Ira R.
09-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Not going on Saturday? I guess I'll head up on Friday then, drop off your k-member and we'll square up payment. Dave's won't be ready by then so I'll just have to ship it to him.

Damn, I wish I could get Fri off........ not going to happen though.

Ira

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Damn, I wish I could get Fri off........ not going to happen though.

Ira

what about saturday?

Ira R.
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
what about saturday?

Nope. I've taken all the time off for the following week; Boston on Monday, Shoot Out Thur thru Tue, that I just can't get the extra time. Getting 2 weekends off in a row just isn't going to happen. And no work no pay on weekends either so that won't fly either.

That, and I have to schedule a week off in Oct to recover from some surgery I need and that's about all she wrote. I'm already borrowing from next year. At least over the two weekends I will be recovering I can do the work from the house so I won't lose any time there.

Wish it were otherwise though.

Ira

SCrazy
09-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Is Dave's k-member the same as mine? If it is I'll give him mine at the shootout and we can hookup locally when you get the other one wrapped up.

fastsc92
09-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Is Dave's k-member the same as mine? If it is I'll give him mine at the shootout and we can hookup locally when you get the other one wrapped up.

His is being made for the early style motor mounts. I just haven't had enough time to work on this, which stinks.

SCrazy
09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
OK cool....how much do I still owe you?

fastsc92
09-23-2009, 04:46 PM
OK cool....how much do I still owe you?

The balance is $975..... :eek: Just kidding :p

I believe it's $250

What time you planning on going? I'd like to head up and hopefully miss the traffic. Keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather. Mike, you going to make it?

SCrazy
09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I plan to leave here about 2:30 so I should be there around 4:30 or so assuming decent traffic.

fastsc92
09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
I actually might be racing tomorrow. Not with my car, but with a friends mustang. I'll look for you up there either way.

ricardoa1
10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Short notice but NED is closing for the season this Saturday. There is a test and tune session on that day and I bet alot of folks are done for the season, Like broken cars and stuff. I was thinking of hitting up NED one last time for the season.

My race tunes became junk after reburning them so I am waiting for Dalke to send me the originals. If all goes as planned I think I want to go.

fastsc92
10-28-2009, 10:58 AM
you should bring the anny too!....then I can have something to race...:p

ricardoa1
10-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Its not ready yet :(

You can race the blue car though ;)

fastsc92
10-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm willing to bet it's going to be packed. Last test of the season, and they are running an event that day too. Everyone that gets bumped first round filters into T&T. I bet you could still get in a solid 4 passes if you get there by 8am. If I few of you guys go, maybe I'll head up with the woman and watch.

ricardoa1
10-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I did not see the what they have for an event.

fastsc92
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Actually...I just checked with them. There is no test session for the 31st. The Mopar day has been rescheduled in place of the test and tune. Looks like the 30th will be the last night to race for the season.

ricardoa1
10-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the update :( I am still dead in the water though I dont have race files that work on my car. So looks like that is it for the season.
I dont think i can make it up on friday I get out of work at 7 and by the time I head up and get there Ill be too late to even try.

Good news is that the Anny will be ready sometime next week. :D

I need a favor from you Jay when I have it back. I know you are busy so only if you can. :D

fastsc92
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the update :( I am still dead in the water though I dont have race files that work on my car. So looks like that is it for the season.
I dont think i can make it up on friday I get out of work at 7 and by the time I head up and get there Ill be too late to even try.

Good news is that the Anny will be ready sometime next week. :D

I need a favor from you Jay when I have it back. I know you are busy so only if you can. :D

I'm always around. I need two parts from the parts car you have and I need to borrow your k-member again, so we'll trade services and call it even. Just gimmie a call.

Mikessupercoupe
10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Too bad you can't make it Friday Ricardo. I'm heading up tomorrow afternoon. Taking a half day of work as this is the last day for me this year. We should be having summer until January after all the bad weather we had.
Anybody else want to go up?

ricardoa1
10-29-2009, 10:58 PM
I got my racing tune files, I think I might head up, but I have to take the day off from work if thats the case. I want to turn on the nitrous this time and hope for 11s I was unable to turn it on at the shootout and I am itching to know what the car will do with the system on. Can anyone say BLOW UP>

Mikessupercoupe
10-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Nice. What time you heading up?:D

ricardoa1
10-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Nice. What time you heading up?:D

I gotta come up with a good excuse to bail in. Right before they open.

Mikessupercoupe
10-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Give me a call if you are going and I'll look for you there. I'm leaving around 2.

Mike

781 351 9741:cool:

fastsc92
10-31-2009, 11:57 AM
how did you guys run?

ricardoa1
10-31-2009, 12:19 PM
I ran a two missed shift runs, On my third one is on my signature. Then we got rained out and the place shut down. So no 11s. The nitrous was activated on my car but I am not sure if it was spraying or not, I could not feel the power increase and when I purged I did not see white stuff come out I did hear it purge but it was not white mist like usual. :D Ill just say it was on nitrous, so there is no arguments.
I caught a 1.78 60f so tha a new best for me.