IRS cover brace

aplvlydrtybird

Hey guys I just picked up a cobra diff that DLF was selling and I was wondering where everyone is getting their cover braces from.

I figured since i've got 500 ft/lbs of torque going through the rear end and I will have some slicks on in the near future, this upgrade is a must.

I know scp sells one for 179 but i have found one for 147.50 over at v8power.com...so Im just wondering what everyone has tried or if they have found a better price.

Thanks.

Keith

Last edited:
I believe it says that because the rear mount of the Cobra is different. If you are putting it in an MN12, you should be fine.

As I can see, the Cobra mounts more towards the top, so it might interfere with the extra thickness of the new case, where as the stock rear cover does not matter.

EDIT: I went and looked at their site and it says 1999-2004 Cobra, so you should be fine with a '98 unit.

Thomas

I had a brain fart there. Yeah, the 99-01 Cobra rear is the one that is compatible. As Doug said, get a good cover, it will fit.

Thomas

99+

Get the LPW cover, I did.

ok so the consensus is no brace and just cover...

and control freak wont fit...or is it just the mounting in the rear that doesn't matter because its going in my bird.

and where is the cheapest i can find one...or anyone selling a used one?

Either will fit, the problem with the Control Freak cover was only with the Cobras, which use a different rear mount.

ok well i will have to give a call to LPW and see if i cant get a few bucks off...looks like I can find one on ebay for 209 and free shipping

here

I've got a Control Freak cover on my Mark VIII. Seems to be doing the trick so far :) Nice to have drain and fill plugs!

I actually bought the lpw cover, and bolted it on to the housing....still needs to go in the car maybe next friday. Its a nice piece

Back