1995 SC Weird Break Pedal Pressure, any ideas?

rickbtbird

Yes I still have the car. Someone put a deposit on it and backed out due to a personal (car unrelated) issue. So I've been driving it now for about a month. It’s been running well.

A break issue came up Friday which I though was weird. I was driving down a hill to a stop and down shifted from 4th to 3rd to decelerate and as I stepped on the break the pedal had about 3 inches of play. I did have breaks and stopping wasn’t an issue. First time I've experienced this. The reservoir is full and vacuum during the deceleration was about 21. This happen just one time only. Any ideas? Guessing it’s time to take the wheels off and inspect?

i think u have air in ur breaking system....bleed all 4 wheels and u will be alrite...OR have ur master cylinder checked...

Front Wheel Bearings Maybe?

So I was backing out of the driveway this morning and the pedal was spongy after I turned the wheel but came right back after the second press. I think this is a potential symptom of worn wheel bearings causing break pad push back. Not sure how to test for this to be 100% sure. It might be worth my while to invest in a new set of front wheel bearing and hubs. I mean the car has 103k on it so it might be time.

Back