Air Filter

91SCNORCAL

Looking to upgrade the stock air filter and airbox on my 91sc was wondering if you guys had any input on the different models.

air filter

Is it worth going with the cone filter and airbox upgrade? Just picked this car up and starting with the basic upgrades first.

well what upgrades are you looking to do in the next 6 months ?

is they're just small upgrades get the panel filter, then go with a 5% sc overdrive pulley and an intercooler fan. then get a dual 2" inlet/single 2.5" outlet resonator in place of the stock one

Last edited:
I guess mods are all a matter of budget. Done properly, I would say do the exhaust first. Everything flows from that. But like many of us, we need to start small, so doing a K&N panel filter is a beginning. Removing the air silencer helps (takes only time, no money). If your looking for a good daily driver, then stick with the basics. Make sure the plugs are good, all the wires are good. If your planning on major mods and high h/p, then a chip would be very important. One thing will lead to another, and none of them are cheap. Things will change with our expectations of the car, but remember, its an 18 y/o car, so be careful what mods you choose.
No matter what mods I put on my car, I always make sure that I remember the basics of maintenance, and I am learning everything I can about the car.
Just my 2 cents.

Matt

They make the ZR intake its a true cold air intake that sucks fresh air from inside the front bumper, here is mine setup last year. Just search for ZR intake I'm sure you will find something.

Jerry

Attachments

• l_c821699844c3a9108b602f1f82afc66b.jpg
    l_c821699844c3a9108b602f1f82afc66b.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 77
the mods i told you to do are very cheap....

air filter-$45
sc pulley-$85 or cheaper if you buy used on here
intercooler fan-$30
resonator-$100 plus someone to weld it in

these are all approximate price. so about $250-ish and you'll be puttin about 210 to the wheels

Back