FINALLY!!!! started working on my SC from 2 years ago

Ken Seegers

SCCoA Member
I finally got a chance to start working on my SC from 2 years when I had a rod knock from the shootout....
2009_03220002.jpg

2009_03220005.jpg

2009_03220006.jpg

2009_03220007.jpg

Notice the list on the windshield
2009_03220014.jpg

304 SS mufflers go with 304 SS exhaust to be built
2009_03220015.jpg

2009_03220016.jpg

I hope to have it ready for exhaust in a week. I am having the exhaust made from 304 SS mandrel bends. My buddy is doing all the welding. I hope we get to use his lift for that job.:rolleyes:

I have still alot to complete. It sucks trying to finish the car and working 60+ hours a week. I also have a bad back which is not getting any better.
Ken

Wow, the car does still exist :D:p Is it me, or does the passenger side O2 bung placement look like it might be a problem?

Man Ive been in the same situation. Good luck with the build.

thanks....I'm hurting right now. :( I probably won't get back to the car until wednesday night. I hope to have the rest of the motor dressed. I still need to put on the shorter a/c condensor, al driveshaft, fix trans gasket leak, and fix rear seal leak.

Ken,

Glad to see that it's going back together and will be getting back on the road soon. My 91 has been up on jackstands since September and it's been driving me crazy. Picked up my new motor this weekend from Dave Dalke, so I should be up and running pretty soon too.

David

Ken,

Glad to see that it's going back together and will be getting back on the road soon. My 91 has been up on jackstands since September and it's been driving me crazy. Picked up my new motor this weekend from Dave Dalke, so I should be up and running pretty soon too.

David

David,
I know the feeling oh too well with not driving the SC. Right now I have the cougar to help me.
The motor you picked up had the 4.2 cast crank, right? I know people have said the cast cranks don't last in the SC motors, but I am curious to know why you chose that route?
I look forward to seeing your car up and running.

Ken

David,
I know the feeling oh too well with not driving the SC. Right now I have the cougar to help me.
The motor you picked up had the 4.2 cast crank, right? I know people have said the cast cranks don't last in the SC motors, but I am curious to know why you chose that route?
I look forward to seeing your car up and running.

Ken

Ken,

Yes...it has a 4.2 cast crank. A 4.2 billet crank would cost about $2300-$2500and IMO is big time overkill for a 450 rwhp motor. After watching the v6 mustang guys use the same crank for several years and making considerably more power than I am planning, I decided to give it a try.

If I was using a roots blower with nitrous and a manual transmission, I don't think it would be a good idea...with a non locking AOD and a twin screw blower, I'm feeling very confident that it will hold up just fine.

David

PS: I have yet to see a 4.2 cank that failed because of the motor making too much power.

Looks like about an hour or two to complete. Do work son!

I hope to have it completed on tuesday night. My back is killing me! I need to get to the doctors for the steriod shot in my back.

I am also helping my uncle with a turbo diesel rabbit truck....that is a project in its self.

Git 'er done!!!
I'm trying. I ran into another snag. The new underdrive pulley for the alternator needs to be machined. I have oil in the motor, next the supercharger, intercooler, ac condensor, radiator. I should be able to start ordering the SS mandrel bend for exhaust after this weekend.:D

Ken

Back