PDA

View Full Version : Idle (repost) problem.

Bigme574
09-20-2002, 08:08 PM
hey guys, the problem I have been having with my SC is that it idles very low and eventually shuts off whenever it's in neutral. I cant hear a distinct howling noise tellingme its the IAC, but i have replaced the TPS, and the MAF looks good. I only push 9lbs of boost now, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but i used to push 10-11. im in the process of getting an IAC from Sunny627 and a TB. gonna see if that works i guess. Hopefully i dont waste more money. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Aaron

(i can hear a lot more air being sucked into the intake than before at low rpms at WOT. sounds strong, but doesnt move me much, poss. compression loss??)

merlin12volt
09-21-2002, 11:31 AM
Check your ic tubes. Buy a can of TB cleaner and spray it around the ic tubes if the idle comes up you have a leak somewhere. I found that the large spanner nut on the top tube came loose on my car which is the most likely candidate. Also spray it around the IC top to be sure there is no leakage there too. Good Luck and let us know what it was

bigg_boyys_SC
09-21-2002, 12:22 PM
While you are checking the IC tubes, go ahead and spray all of the vacume connections also. Be warned you may need to have a fire extinguisher handy. I had a truck catch fire this way, though it is very unlikely. Have you ran your codes? Any way if it doesn't idle correctly and you have less boost you more than likely have a leak in the area of the plenum.

Biggin':D