OEM oil cooler fillets

pablon2

I was cleaning an OEM cooler I plan on using. I looked closely at the round hole on the filter side of the cooler and saw bent, almost wavy, metal in the openslots, see pic. Looked almost like corrugations. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Oil cooler.JPG
    Oil cooler.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 103
I was cleaning an OEM cooler I plan on using. I looked closely at the round hole on the filter side of the cooler and saw bent, almost wavy, metal in the openslots, see pic. Looked almost like corrugations. Is this normal?

if you dont get a responds i can check the one that aint on my car but you would have to give me a few days to go over to were the car is sitting.

im sure you will get an answer by then tho lmk if you dont!

if you dont get a responds i can check the one that aint on my car but you would have to give me a few days to go over to were the car is sitting.

im sure you will get an answer by then tho lmk if you dont!

Thanks man. I have been thinking more about it, and I think these are fins designed to keep the oil from forming into a sludge. They look somewhat uniform so I would find it hard to believe if they were actually accumulated crap. I don't know the history of this cooler so it is really hard to say for sure.

Thanks man. I have been thinking more about it, and I think these are fins designed to keep the oil from forming into a sludge. They look somewhat uniform so I would find it hard to believe if they were actually accumulated crap. I don't know the history of this cooler so it is really hard to say for sure.

have you tryed to run some kind of water thru the coolant part to see if it might be leaking?

I am under the impression that it is more of an oil WARMER than an oil COOLER....

The inside design lets coolant from the engine warm the oil just after starting the engine.....

Kind of like the by-pass hose that is suppose to warm the throttle body....:p

However, I guess it could regulate how hot the oil can get, as well....

Back