can i add a keypad to a car without a keypad?

nova72sc

i have a 90 SC without a keypad, i have a parts car with a key pad, i am wondering if i can remove the pad and install it into my car, is the car prewired for this option, i have a subaru wagon that had all the connectors for options even tho it did not have them i am just wondering if the SC was the same way or am i going to have to add a power, ground etc to the module from the other car

what!

if you had a keyless entry and all of it wiring from an other sc you can ................ BUT NOT FROM OTHER TYPE OF CAR:eek:

yeah it is another 90 SC so there is not a connector in the trunk for this? so i take it i DO have to run a power and ground wire?

hey there

if your gonna due if you like to have 2 keyless entry (one on each door) like i did mine you can run an other link to the passenger door also ;) .. it work fine and it gives a unique look ......:D

ouch this might suck lol, if i do it i will take pictures, i will need a wiring diagram, maybe i will remove it from the old car and then see if i want to do it :) anyone have a diagram??

Your talking about a lot of work for a keyless entry pad. I would look into the aftermarket if you really need one that bad. I have seen a few systems that use a module with a reciever installed in the car, and a transmitter key pad installed on the door. That way all you have to do is hard wire the module, and there are no wires to the door. It just uses a frequency like the Key Fobs...

I was going to ask this very same question but I figured there'd be way too much work to pull it off. We have a '96 Explorer with keyless entry and it's my wife's favorite feature of the car.

The second option will be the car alarm with the wireless fob.

Back