Ford service, or lack of (VENT)

spetz01

So i bought/leased a 08 F150 in August. Good deal, no interest and this "tires for life" deal...ahem, scam.

I'm on a 8,000km service schedule. I get an oil change and tire rotation. At 24,000 it was a 250.00 dollar "service" where they do things like oil the headlights and rotate the floor mats.

At 32,000kms, I drive way too much, it was $365.00 for oil and tire rotation and extra's. They went so far as to change my power steering fluid, cause you know, it get dirty sitting in a sealed system. All this of course to maintain any warranty issues I may have.

Now I book my 40,000km (in just 7 months) and he tells me it will be $550.00 for the "4x4" service..OK i'll bite, it's a 4x4. My guess the want to lube the little knob that turns it on and off and shine the stickers that indicate on the box that it is indeed a 4x4. I check my manual cause now I'm a little shocked that it's gonna be over a $1000.00 in 3 services to "maintain" a new vehicle. My 2005 never got this special treatment. No 4x4 service listed, not until over 200,000 km's do you change oil in the transfer case. I won't even have this truck then.

Oh but wait..In order to "offer" me this "special" tires for life (substitute "offer" with %$#&) program I have to do this 4x4 service every 40,000 kms. I also have to change my headlights every 50,000 so I don't get any rust. I asked him quite calmly how transfer case oil affects tires...No answer but it does..that's all I got..it does. I asked him about cars, specifically 2 wheel drive, and he said, "their not 4x4's so they don't need the 4x4 service". I almost drove there to see if I was on Punked or something.

So I guess I have some tires on a lay-away program that just has a nifty name...Free Tires for life.

That's not Ford Motor Company giving it to you, it's the dealership franchise. Unfortunately there is a lot of that going on in northern Alberta these days, everyone trying to get a chunk of the money while it's still around.

So did you buy or lease? It's one or the other, and if you've leased and are putting a bunch of miles on the vehicle, you're going to get a penalty at the end of the lease term. Unless of course you bought extra kilometres as part of the deal, or you buy out the truck at the end of the lease.

cheers
Ed N.

>At 32,000kms, I drive way too much

I take it the GF isn't letting go of the Lincoln that often, then...?

Back