Interest in viton supercharger plug o-ring

Tony8470

For awhile there I was using a spare o-ring for a fuel injector. Didn't fit right and crumbled. I have been searching for new rings and was referred to a $7 new plug with a rubber ring. I don't need the new plug and can't justify spending $7 for a new ring.

I was seeing how many others have leaking plugs that need replaced as well?
I haven't put the supercharger on to test if this ring works yet or not but it looks like it's gonna work.

I think I wrote it wrong. I found viton o-rings to replace anyones leaking rubber ones for the fill plug. I just have to make sure they can handle the pressure build up when the car is at operating temp.

I think I wrote it wrong. I found viton o-rings to replace anyones leaking rubber ones for the fill plug. I just have to make sure they can handle the pressure build up when the car is at operating temp.

If a 'routine' o-ring isn't holding up, there are maybe other issues to consider besides simply using a different type.

Last edited:
The old one was worn. Being 20 years old doesnt help. I'll let you know how it works out. Maybe someone else out there has a leaking plug. Why not upgrade to a viton seal over rubber?

Viton withstands higher temps than rubber or buna-n orings, so I dont see a downside getting viton.

Back