Another Project

nickleman60

I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, picked up another sc, a '94 auto. When it was new it was purchased by the local Miller beer distributor around here and used as a marketing tool for Miller Genuine Draft when it was introduced back in the mid 90's. It was dolled up up to mimmick Rusty Wallace's #2 car back in the day. It has a Zenon front air dam, Nascar style spoiler, Bassett racing rims with a 4.5" conversion. The body is straight but the paint is nasty especially where the decals used to be, the inside is grey leather and is in good shape just dirty, headliner needs replacing. It's completely stock under the hood and seems to run pretty good, trans. is slipping and needs some work. My plans are to paint it satin black, fix the trans. and clean the interior, that's it. It has 118k and I paid $500 for it just for the record........It's evil twin is sitting it front of it.......:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Black SC's 001.JPG
    Black SC's 001.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Black SC's 002.JPG
    Black SC's 002.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Black SC's 003.JPG
    Black SC's 003.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Black SC's 004.JPG
    Black SC's 004.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 228
  • nascar 94 motor 001.JPG
    nascar 94 motor 001.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I noticed this in the Hampton Roads section of the forums. First off let me say I am jealous that you seem to come acrossed all the deals. If I recall you picked up your Opal frost SC for darn near nothing with similar issues...you lucky dog!

Looks cool, can't wait to see it progress.

-Tim

sweet deal.The nacar look looks cool as.. You should rerusty wallace it. Mak ean interesting show car with a cool history

I noticed this in the Hampton Roads section of the forums. First off let me say I am jealous that you seem to come acrossed all the deals. If I recall you picked up your Opal frost SC for darn near nothing with similar issues...you lucky dog!

Looks cool, can't wait to see it progress.

-Tim

I do seem to find "good deals" every now and then..............:D

I am jealous that you seem to come acrossed all the deals. If I recall you picked up your Opal frost SC for darn near nothing with similar issues...you lucky dog!

Yeah Man ! I hate you for that crap. :D You don't find them in Maryland and if you do its in the u-pull-it missing half of everything. Not that I need another I cant finish, I'm just venting. I want another but it has to be a 94/95.

Congrats on the find.

Yeah, that's a great find! I'm jealous as well.

Over here in Washington state it's rare to ever find a cheap one for sale... (that still runs and is in decent shape :rolleyes:) And there are never any in the pick n' pulls either.

nice find

got any write ups on how to make that wing.:rolleyes:

paint is ruff but im sure you can make it look nice!

thanks

I like that wing the more and more i see it.

So how much would it cost to make a wing like yours?

I KILL YOU...Not really, that is just my jellousy coming through. I saw the add on your local forum after you had already purchased it. X2 on the Rusty restoration...then you need to get a blue one to match.

SWS

X2 on the Rusty restoration...then you need to get a blue one to match.

I was never a Rusty fan, didn't hate him, he just wasn't my driver.

Bill Elliott all the way baby..............................:D

The 3rd picture shows the most famous Coors #9 cars he drove, The top one is when he won the 1st Winston Million dollar bonus at Darlington and the one below it is the car that set the all time Nascar qualifying speed record at Talladega 212.809 mph

Attachments

• bill elliott 005.JPG
    bill elliott 005.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 141
  • bill elliott 006.JPG
    bill elliott 006.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 144
  • bill elliott 008.JPG
    bill elliott 008.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
This is the car that I saw a few years back and patterned my spoiler from it except mine is 4" tall and this one is 5". I made cardboard templates to fit and then had a friend weld it up for me.

whats welded. to the car?

could you get some close up pics!

thanks;)

Is that a picture of your SC in the background on the left in the "office".....

It's a picture from last year at the Ford Fun Weekend at Dinwiddie, Va. Some professional takes pics of the cars as they launch and they hire some young cutie to find you in the pits and see if you want to buy a photo of your car, good marketing strategy because for $35 it didn't look that good but she sure did..............:D

Attachments

• spoiler 2 001.JPG
    spoiler 2 001.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
whats welded. to the car?

You make the spoiler in 2 pieces, the spoiler that's above the deck lid and the flange that allows you to mount it to the trunk edge. The 1st 3 pics is the one off of the beer car and it's welded every few inches, the last 2 pics is the one I made and had it welded all the way across.

Attachments

• spoiler 001.JPG
    spoiler 001.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 103
  • spoiler 003.JPG
    spoiler 003.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 92
  • spoiler 004.JPG
    spoiler 004.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 92
  • spoiler 2 005.JPG
    spoiler 2 005.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 94
  • spoiler 2 006.JPG
    spoiler 2 006.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
You make the spoiler in 2 pieces, the spoiler that's above the deck lid and the flange that allows you to mount it to the trunk edge. The one in the pics is welded every few inches, I had mine welded all the way across.

thanks!

i want to make one.:D how thick is the metal used?

Back