Stereo Problem

89_WhiteBirdy

Alright my problem is that when i have my stereo on and i use windshield wipers/power windows/sunroof, it will turn off. I can sometimes turn it back on by messing with one of those three things but then it will just turn off once more when i use my windshield wipers. And i live in washington so it rains a LOT and im tired of having no music. Oh and it is an aftermarket stereo , but the problem hasnt always been there. Any ideas?

Thanks -Josh

Sounds like you might have a short somewhere in the dash....:mad::mad::mad:

Did you use an adapter to wire your aftermarket radio to the original wiring harness, or did you splice the aftermarket connector into the harness....:confused:

Sounds like you might have a short somewhere in the dash....:mad::mad::mad:

Did you use an adapter to wire your aftermarket radio to the original wiring harness, or did you splice the aftermarket connector into the harness....:confused:

I'm not exactly sure because my step-dad did it and it was like 6 years ago, but i am pretty sure he spliced the wires....

Something just isn't right....:confused:

Do you remember if the original radio was a factory radio or a JBL radio....

My suggestion would be to get another radio wiring harness and the correct adapter for your radio.....

Or a bottle of Rain-X.....:p

You might try running a separate power feed (with fuse) to the radio before you go crazy trying other things. Oh yeah, and check the ground.

Well, if it is a short, you would have popped some fuses, by now. I would start with checking the ground potential of the dashboard support braces, since this is where most of the dash controls and accessories pull their grounds. By ground potential, I mean, how much of a solid ground can you pull, read with a multimeter.

The metal bracket that the ground goes to can rust over time and cause potential grounding problems....

Back