SC on TV

Where in the movie did you see it? I started watching it after I saw this thread, but I came in a little late, was it at the beginning?

Last edited:
i was just looking at this, i turned it on right when they were about to drag race, seems like a 5spd judging by his hand movements. Looked like 18's and the car looked brand new, definetly and 89-92 you can tell by the reflectors. Gray cloth interior, aftermarket head unit, i believe it was pioneer. Did anyone get more of this movie before the car was sucked into the earth. I was really hoping they were going to drag race i wanted to hear the blower

i recorded the whole thing on DVR @1 am.....i will have to see if i can copy it to something else.

Thank goodness for special effects!!! Hopefully no one, i mean car, was hurt during the filming. Was rhe car in the movie prior to the drag race? I like how the kid wasn't crying after the earth swallowed up his pride and joy,,,,,I would have been balling!

I'll have to check out the recording ....

That was the only shot of during the show. Nice looking SC.. Think the older Camaro might have taken it. :D

During the scene there was a front view that I thought showed the headlights, can someone review that, I sure thought it was late model headlights.

Everything else made me think it was a 89-93.

It really looked nice. I think the exhaust was fake though.

Yeah I recorded the 1 am showing as well... It definitelly looked like an 89-92 due to the reflector tail lights. But I'll probably be watching it again :p so I'll check once more.

It would have been nice to hear the SC rev a little like the camaro was. :rolleyes: That has got to be the most exposure that an SC has gotten on TV/in the movies... Other than comercials back in the day.

Here we go... For those who haven't seen it, or want to see it again, here is a video of it. Sorry for the bad picture quality, it was the best I could do... I videotaped my TV screen as the movie played on the TV. :p Maybe someone else can get a better quality video somehow.

It looks like the side door moldings have been removed.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i238.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid238.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/TBirdSC90/SConTV.flv">

Yeah, I watched it this a.m. after I got home. was 92 or earlier as had side marker lights and the early SC rear bumper cover. ........at least the Craparo got ate first!

That was pretty cool indeed and the kid had my same name as well. I'd like to catch it on tv sometime.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

91's had the tweed as the base interiors, those seats and door panel inserts were full cloth, so 89/90 if its original.

Back