Oil Fouling

SSSTANG

Just rebuilt -

Ran fine for 100 miles, went and put the exhaust on the car, and now the car is oil fouling plugs I can idle it for like 4min and if i shut it off the plugs are so oil fouled that it won't start again. Has no s/c on it btw?

- Any ideas?
- suggestions?

Worn out piston rings and / or hole in top of piston....

Worn out valve guides.....

Stuck PCV valve......

Just to name a few....

Just rebuilt -

Ran fine for 100 miles, went and put the exhaust on the car, and now the car is oil fouling plugs I can idle it for like 4min and if i shut it off the plugs are so oil fouled that it won't start again. Has no s/c on it btw?

- Any ideas?
- suggestions?

Yeah.. PCV leaving too much pressure in the motor pushing oil past the rings or valve seal?

Did you put in new valve seals? Were the rings properly installed? Is this on all the plugs or just a couple.

May want to run a compression test.

Ends up on all the plugs, I bought new plugs and got the car started it ran it at about 3500 rpm, no more oil. But now the plugs I buy seem to insta-dry foul.

:confused:

And now I'm getting a CHT(cylinder head temp) trouble code, what problems will that cause?

>I'm getting a CHT(cylinder head temp) trouble code, what problems will that cause?

Not sure what problems that will cause, but the following will cause that problem:

• (CHT) Sensor Circuit High Input
  • Open circuit in CHT harness
  • Improper harness connection
  • Damaged CHT sensor
  • Damaged PCM

Good luck w/your issues.

Back