Blower pulley

VINCES

I have a 94 SC, mods are headers, and exhaust, K&N panel. Thats all for now.....

Is it worth installing an '89-93 blower pulley I have in my garage? or, not bother?

I believe the 89-93 pulleys are considered about a 3% overdrive, it's an easy enough swap to complet and can be done without removing the blower...might as well go for it.

Not going to see a ton of improvement, but maybe 1-2lbs of boost.

-Tim

that's what i thought, maybe get me back to where I was before I opened up the exhaust...what threw me was i just read that a 5% pulley is good for 1-1.5 lbs of boost???? i think that's wrong...It is on the instructions of the old MN12Performance How-To page....

i already bought the puller, so i might as well....

thanks.

at least, i was over 12 before exhaust (backpressure)....

how much do you think a K&N and headers, with free flow cats, and larget exhause piping adds to HP?

oh, forgot, Raised top too...

u might havearound 210 rwhp right now. taking in consideration you have about 190 rwhp in stock form.

Last edited:
put down 232/331 on the dyno with a 2.5" dual exhaust, cone filter and early style pulley on my 95 5-speed. factor in more parasitic loss for an auto, probably around 220-ish...

problem is the heat, that dyno was after a cooldown with a blower fan on the ic at full blast for about 10 mins.

Belt/Pulley

Ok, so last night I waited til it got dark to go outside and attempt to change my 3 idler pulleys with new steel ones. With no bulb in the hood light either....anyway, since i had three new 76mm idlers, I couldn't get the s/c belt on...i read a few threads that says it is possible, with more then one set of hands.....is it really? if not, i might as well add the 89-93 blower pulley....Is that small enough to make a difference in the belt fitting?

I am chacing a noise, and fgured it was at least the old idlers...i changed one, and of course the blower pulley sounded liek an old pair of metal roller skaes we used to wear over shoes!

Back