Supercharger electrical problems

deth2002

i have a 94 SC i just got my hands on, and the batterys i try never hold a charge, but she will start... once started anytime the boost kicks in my check engine light comes on, and fuses blow... headlights and radio/heater

any suggestions would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

The supercharger has no electrical components, so this is a strange problem. I have only 2 thoughts:

1. When you accelerate, some wires shift around and short out. Maybe something gets pinched by a motor mount, maybe a bare wire moves under the dash, but some kind of short circuit is occurring.

2. It's harder for the ignition spark to jump across the spark plugs in a cylinder under boost pressure. The resistance of the air can get high enough that the spark can no longer jump the gap. Usually, this shows up as a bucking and misfiring under boost. However, if you have wear or damage to the plug wires or ignition coil, I wonder if it might be possible for the spark to "choose the path of least resistance" when the resistance is increased by boost. Then it might jump to some other electrical system and blow a fuse. This is just speculation, though.

Back