My 95 five speed SC on e-bay

Jimmy 2Coupes

SCCoA Member
I was checking out e-bay a while ago and came across someone selling "FORD T-BIRD SC H.O. IGNITION KIT's" but what really grabbed my attention was the fact that the person or persons selling these kit's used a picture of my 95 SC for there add without my permission. I have no clue who these guy's are but I am a little flattered they choose my SC. What would you guy's do if anything? Check out the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...hash=item180155308435&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

since they seem to be reputable with over 1300 feedbacks at 100% id say let it be..................or ask for 10% of all sales if you must:D

Just used a photo of your car...

55f8_2.JPG

...what are you going to do about it?

Good question. To tell you the truth I'm not really worried about it I was just kind of surprised to come across a picture of my SC in someones e-bay store.

I think your reactions are normal - I believe the real surprise tho is in simply finding something we recognize (whether it is an image or a quote, etc.), given the scope of the internet, rather than the fact that someone found enough value in it to reuse.

You know what they say, "Any publicity is good and good publicity is even better..."

I think it is ok also. My last SC is still on this site http://www.carztuff.com/
Just the door sills on the white SC are left but there were more at one time. If you click on door sills it comes up. I was asked after the fact if it was ok

Greg

I saw that too a few weeks ago. I figured someone on this site was selling or helping sell the kits. I almost bought from them but ended up going thru Bill @ SCP.

A friend of mine had a 2001 Cobra he used to race at Rockingham quite a bit. I discovered an add for Manley valves with his Cobra in full launch mode. Well, I suspected it was his cobra since it had a set of Bogart drag wheels and looked just like his. When I asked Shawn he said, 'Yeah, I noticed it too and it's my car." He had a nearly bone stock motor...no manley parts at all....but when he inquired he was told something about how they can use whatever pictures they wanted since he was in a public place or something. This was probably 4 years ago so I don't recall exactly, but it seemed to make sense at the time.

So I think if they really want to use a pic of your car...legally they can probably do so especially since the picture was on the net.

every one should trade mark there photos! lol owell at least you can be happy that every one gets to see that very nice car!

Looks like that picture is getting around but hey, what's up with that ~~~~? Actually, while it is a picture of my 95 SC it was taken by the track photographer at Milan Dragway and is on there web site. I didn't even know it existed until someone told me they thought they seen my car on Milans web site and then sent me a link to it. Sooo, it's not even my picture.:cool:

Tell them you want a big poster in high quality resolution framed!:D

I feel like it is a compliment! You have a beautiful car!

Stephen

Back