4.2 Timing cover?

Agentorange88

I have a 96 4.2 timing cover that I was going to try and fit on my 91 SC. Aside from the different water pump is there going to be any problems making it work? Shouldn't I just be able to buy a 4.2 pump and use that?

Nevermind----I checked and the crank sensor mounts on the block so maybe?????? Why would you want to? Is yours leaking or damaged?.............Dan

Last edited:
The timing cover is no problem, but the issue would be the water pump. The heater bypass might interfere with the SC belt, and it doesn't have a thermostat bypass on it at all, or an outlet for the oil cooler line. I'm sure something could be figured out but don't expect a bolt on deal.

Nevermind----I checked and the crank sensor mounts on the block so maybe?????? Why would you want to? Is yours leaking or damaged?.............Dan

Yeah my other one broke a tab off when I was trying to get it off. And when I was at the local junkyard we broke the only 3.8 DIS timing cover.

i got one you can have, i am looking for a 94/95 timing cover because i broke mine getting it off. You can have the one that came off the 90 SC block. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

Justin

Back